Thread: Psp timed out connection problem

Psp timed out connection problem

Hey, I am getting an message which says that "Times Out" whenever I try to connect to the internet on my psp and trying to get the IP address. Wireless Wifi can give me the connection and I am also getting free wireless connection from a wifi cafe which is without security. I have psp so I request all of you to help me as earky as possible. I am waiting for your replies. Thank you very much.

Re: Psp timed out connection problem

I think that they may be got wise to your using their open wifi and they have enabled the MAC filtering to keep you out. Are you behind a router? I am asking this because most permit you to modify the reported MAC address on the WAN port. You can try o change it and see whether it helps you to connect or not.

This seems to be a security issue. Just check that what security your router have like WEP/WPA etc ? You have to make sure that while setting up; you are inputting the relevant key. This is the most important thing that you have to do. If you are done with this then you will need to your PSP MAC address to your router. This is the only thing that I can suggest to you and I hope this will help you get connection.

I think I can help you. Just go to your PSP and in that you have to go to the settings > system setting > System information. Note down your MAC address from there. After that just open your router configuration Utility and in that you have to enter the MAC address onto the list which you have copied. It is different from router to router and therefore I cannot tell you the exact way to do that. You should read the manual for router for that.

You have to disable the security which is there in router settings. Save the changes after that and see that if you are able to connect it or not. If you get connected then it is fine and if it is still giving you the pop up message that “timed out ” then there may be some other problem with it and you should contact the manufacturer or that.

I was also having the same issue earlier. I tried everything but that does not help me. I was not able to get the proper troubleshooting for that. I made this problem fixed when I switch my router from "mixed" mode to "b only" and found everything was running fine. You can also change it once and see whether it helps you or not.