Thread: Where can I find my security key or passphrase

Where can I find my security key or passphrase

I set up my friend's Dell laptop most recent year to our WRT54G wireless router and I am irritating to attach to our wireless network at the present by means of an additional laptop (a innovative Dell) and not be able to locate (or remember) my security code or pass phrase. Is there several place on the previous laptop that I be able to have right of entry this information in sequence. How be able to I configure the innovative laptop without this info. The password admin does not run for me moreover when I try to log in. I do not remember altering the password to something else, additional than I guess I am not positive for the reason that somebody else set up our wireless for us. Is there several method to reset that password to admin.

Re: Where can I find my security key or passphrase

I had the similar tribulations not too long ago. If you go to 192.168.1.1 and type in "admin" as your login and password you be supposed to be capable to get have right of to the setup screen. Regrettably, you determine to encompass to turn off the router's sanctuary characteristic in order to get the laptop to work. Type a hazardous so I suggest that you wait for an additional answer, additional than it's a quick fix. I am attractive certain somebody determine to provide a superior respond than this. You encompass to have right of entry the router and under the sanctuary tab determine to be your passphrase. If not then put out of action your sanctuary and power cycle your router.

On the system which is online , in this you have to open an Internet Explorer Page, and in the address bar, type that you desire and press revisit, and when asked for Username and Password, place down the Username blank and in the Password field, type admin . This determine to assist you have right of entry the Router's Console. At present, hit it off the Tab " Wireless " at the top, then hit it off the Tab ' Wireless Security ' beneath the Wireless Tab, Encryption Mode determine to be ' 64 Bits10 Hex Digits ' , and there you determine to locate wep key 1 that’s your security key. Restart the Wireless system. On one occasion the system has restarted totally, to the Bottom Right Hand Corner of your system, you might locate a diminutive Computer Icon , Right hit it off on it, hit it off view obtainable wireless network ,when you try connecting it might prompt for Security key, Type the 10 Digit Number. Hit it off connect it be supposed to connect.

The entire of you on top of must hard reset your router. Press and grasp the reset button for 30 seconds and discharge. Hang approximately 30 seconds and power cycle the router. Attach via wired system to 192.168.1.1 username blank password admin and reconfigure your router from scratch. I am frustrating to hook up my wireless printer additional than am having an assortment of difficulty by means of this innovative router. It is extremely frustrating. I encompass a home wireless network and forgot my security key (similar as WEP?) My computer determine to tranquil connect to the network, additional than I desire to set up additional computers.

From time to time the router admin display for the wireless encryption setup determine to display the passkey you entered. Unintelligent obsession for them to do, additional than some do it. Otherwise, the easiest fixation is to log reverse onto the admin screen of your router and set it to incredible else. Immediately create certain you be familiar with what it is this time, for the reason that as almost immediately as you re-set it, your existing system determine to lose its correlation and you determine to necessitate to re-establish using the innovative key.

You necessitate to log in to your router this is more often than not by typing its IP address addicted to the address bar of your internet browser at the same time as the system is associated to the router via an Ethernet cable. If victorious a login box determine to come into view demanding user name (frequently, admin) and password (often, password). On one occasion in the router's user interface turn off wireless security and log out. Then try to attach by wireless merely. If successful, set a innovative wireless security passphrase.

This type a upsets me, as connection system sat on the phone by means of me for in excess of 2 hours, helping me attach their router! My guarantee was way passed, additional than the person did his most excellent, and eventually, I at present have my laptop associated! He failed to give me a WEP number even though, so with the intention of I might hook up my X-Box 360! So when I spent $100 on the X-box adapter, and called their consumer service regarding it, they told me that it further than their policy to tell me how to locate my WEP! I be familiar with that there is a button on the back of the Linksystem router to reset, additional than I am frightened that then I determine to have to do the whole thing the entire in excess of again, and LinkSystem at present desire to charge me $29.95 to give me several information!