Thread: D-Link DIR-655: LAN speed degrade

D-Link DIR-655: LAN speed degrade

I recently bought a D-Link DIR 655(GB) router modem for my DELL computer, which runs in Windows 7 operating system. It works very quickly, I am impressed on it. But the issue is on the LAN speed, it does not give more than 5-7 MB, which is quite disappointing me. It generally happens whenever I copy any file. I generally used commander or flashFxp for the file transferring. Why it happens, any suggestion?

Re: D-Link DIR-655: LAN speed degrade

I have a little bit information about this issue, and would like to give you , which may help to overcome from the problem. You should first check the speed of your hard drive, if you are using 4800rpm or less than that, then this problem may occur. For that you should increase the performance level of the hard drive. I recommend you to use at least 7200rpm for IDE or SATA hard drive. It will definitely increase the speed level.

I am totally agree with the above post, you also make sure that there is enough memory in the hard drive in your computer, which is make up the memory of the machine. If you having ales memory that will hamper your speed of the transmission, that does not matter what the speed that your network sharing. It runs only the fast but the links are slowest chain. Check this one once by runs the system defragment on your hard drive,I hope there you should got any help.

Have you tried once with the update of the firmware of the network equipment? I suggest you to update the drivers of the network card. In your network card, check the full duplex off the network connection. The firmware are also take a part in the speed issue of the network. The network adapters are generally are not the big issue for the transferring data in the transmitter.

The network cable are not running in the close of the router, make sure that. It may create the Electromagnetic interference in the modem. So, just decrease the speed of the router that makes by the TCP/IP suite to resend the data continuously, because the data lose everything which are runs in the air, microwave, I am not sure but these may degrade the speed of the network.

The traffic signal limits for the bandwidth of the WAN or the internet connection, in a maximum possibilities or it may less for the full bandwidth. There should be some free bandwidth in the network, for the purpose of creating of new network connection. Also try to avoid the connection of the TCP transmission for more bandwidth which are available in the packet of the incoming nodes.