Thread: How to run D link dwl g730ap in Client mode

How to run D link dwl g730ap in Client mode

I am trying hard for getting my link dwl 730 to work in Client mode. And I do not have any issue by using it as the router. And here I want to tell you that it is a great little travel router. And in this I am able to get this work in Client mode in the client mode and I just want to tell you that it is not able to get the computer to distinguish. I have it set to a WAN of 194.164.1.30 as opposed to 194.164.0.40 from the factory. In this when I log in to my Verizon Fios's actiontech modem I am able to see it at a LAN of 194.164.1.11 so It is showing that it is doing something. My windows XP laptop keeps giving me message that there is no connectivity. And when I try to connect this via the machine and the browser I always getting that page not found errors. So what should I do to fix my issue? Please help me.

Re: How to run D link dwl g730ap in Client mode

I am also facing the similar issue. And regarding this I have searched a lot on the most of the forum site but like you I have also not able to collect any of the suggestion. Here I want to ask you that did you find any of solution regarding this. So please if you have any of the solution regarding that then please post this here it will really going to help me a lot.

In this I have little bit solution which I think it is going to help you. Actually I went to the wireless part and put this in the wireless network and this is ssid and WEP key. And related to this I did a site survey and in this I have found my network and then I checked this and connected to it. There does not appear to be something on the status page to point to that it is in fact linked. It shows the information you have go into, but if you enter it wrong I am not confident it would come out any in a different way. And on the LAN page if you change the address of the device if you desire for this. After that the gateway of your wireless network probable your access point IP and there you just entered DNS server. So I think this will really going to help you.

I have a question here. In this it is required to have a committed wireless AP set into bridge sort to communicate with the DWL-G730? And I have an existing AP at my home which is I want to connect to, utilizing this DWL-G730. And in this I am already utilizing the my existing Netgear AP just toconnect this with the laptops and also the other equipments. So please help me what to do?

Thanks to you for point out that the DWL-G730AP is essentially a bridge when in client mode. I used up some time nowadays I am attempting to obtain this to work as fine, and there is one more feature I believe is important to point out: and if you are utilizing the MAC address just for your clients in the wireless AP. So you just go for this. So I think it is going to help you.