Thread: Want info regarding the subnet

Want info regarding the subnet

I want to make use of the subnet mask in the network. I want to make the use of the two routers. I have been given the work to do this thing. I am not able to understand the connection. I am providing the diagram below. If any one have any idea related with this issue please help.

Modem-------Router 1---------Router2------computer
    |
    |
    |
    computer

Re: Want info regarding the subnet

I have two routers with me and i have tried to hook my one router with the other router. But by doing this configuration i am not able to connect to the net with both routers in line. I am not able to solve this problem. Now am very much frustrated with this issue. The person who is having knowledge related with this can post their reply.

I have the necessary info related with this. Do do not need to make separate subnets using 2 routers. I am providing you the easiest way i.e. upgrade your router to incorporate VLANs. On the computer you will require to set the static IP addresses. By doing all this thing you will require to solve your issue. I will advice you to try this out.

I think that you will have to use static IP address on each of the computer and both the computer must have a separate subnets. Now make the connection with same router. It would require only one router and will make the setup simple. This is what i know about this configuration.Try using this .Hope that the issue will be solved.

Dr. V Guest

According to me on your computer you will need to configure static routes for pointing it to the gateway. By this the computer can now only be able to communicate to the router and it will be able to have access with the other computer i.e. there will not be direct communication between both the computers.Think i have given some help.
    Last edited by Dr. V; 06-10-2010 at 01:42 PM.

I have done the work which was assigned to me. I have done this by making the reference of your replies.The solution which you provided was quite a good one. I have implemented it and is working well for me. I have even submitted the configuration model to the college. This is my thanks to all those who have helped me by spending your precious time.