Thread: How can i Connect 3 PC's via switch to WiFi

How can i Connect 3 PC's via switch to WiFi

I am having three computers at my home and they are connected to the Ethernet switch. I have a Dlink DWL2100AP access point which is connected via the LAN to the switch. I want to connect all the three computers with the help of the switch through the WiFi Access Point to the WiFi network. How will i be able to do this out?

Re: How can i Connect 3 PC's via switch to WiFi

For making the connection you will require to do the following things. First you will need to equip your all the computers with the wireless capabilities. Now disconnect your all the wired connections and after that connect to the DLink AP. Now you will require to enable the wireless encryption. If you are using a notebook then you need to buy a PCMCIA cards and if you are using a computer the you need to buy a wireless PCI adapter for every computer.

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the post and i want to tell you that i am looking for connecting all the computers with each other via the LAN. Even i want that they should use the internet connection through the wireless access point. Is there any method to do this?, as i am having 24 port switch and a wireless access point.

I think that you can do this settings. Install a wireless Peripheral Component Interconnect(PCI) card, after installing that install the Ethernet card, then Linux and lastly configure your wireless card for accessing the internet. Now you will need to hook all the computers to the LAN. Now you need to configure DHCP server. Between the two interfaces you need to turn on the NAT.

I will suggest you a simple method to do this connection. Even i have used the same method for solving my problem. I you do not want to all those connection setting and configurations, and then you can try this out. You will have to buy a off-the-shelf router that has wireless connection as a WAN link. The router should also have built-in switch for wired connections.