Thread: Wireless modem router at&t 2wire

Wireless modem router at&t 2wire

Currently I am using a wireless router which I have purchased from the AT & T. And at the same time I was using internet service through them. Now I have shifted to the new location there also it provide internet for me. But I want internet through my wireless router so if I use that so I do not have to plug in Ethernet cable in my laptop. And in this when try to connect it again try to hook up with the old location. I have tried most of the thing but it is not going to help me. So please tell me how do I get it to be familiar with the current location. If you have any solution for this then please try to post it here. I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Re: Wireless modem router at&t 2wire

Hey you do not need to worry on this. This is very common issue. And I know the little bit perfect solution of this. In this only the thing is that you have to interface with the router by utilizing the Internet Explorer and then overwrite the login and the password in the connection settings by using your ISP which is given to you. After that also you will find that the old 2wire is locked it is only to know and connect to an A T & T server. And in this I just want to tell you that it is very simple to do but little bit harsh to explain by writing this.

Whatever the information previous user provide you I do not think that it is going to help you. So just go for this I hope it will work. First thing is that go to start> run and in the open box type cmd /k ipconfig / in this write all thing including the space also. And in the cmd entry your IP address like 193.163.2.1. And after that type the exit command which is to close the cmd. After that open the Internet Explorer. And in that enter the code in to the address bar like the web address. And then it will ask for the login name and the password. Most of the router have login name is Admin and the password is also Admin. So try this it has fixed my issue hope it also help you.

I think this will not going to help him. I am also going to estimate and say that this is a modem and routing device, not just like a router as you have described earlier. Here let me tell you a small story sometimes ago there was an ISP in Missouri which is not the best. Static IP’s they have to buy their own modems for around 250 Rs/month768k DSL. Anyway in this also some of the hub in the town decided to sell used 2wire's to people by saying that they would work with their network. So in this you may desire to attempt and put your 2wire up as dynamic/DHCP in bridge form before trying to set it up as a router, if you are able to.

The only thing that the AT & T modem got is that the telephone plug for the AT & T line to in, and the 4 Ethernet ports which used for the output. And it does not have the Ethernet port which is for the Internet coming in. I advise they purchase a different router, for the roadrunner he has and the AT & T router do not have the extra plug for it. I am using the Linksys which has the 4 Ethernet ports coming out and it also have one Ethernet ports for input. Which the AT & T does not have.

Thanks guys, actually when I have seen your post then I think it will not help me but then I have search it on the website. And I get the link of that website from the Google it is also quite good but I am very much satisfied by your answer. And there I have found my solution also but it is not able to fix my issue only your solution going to work in my case. Thanks to all who have posted their reply.