Thread: Using BEFSR41 as hub / switch?

Using BEFSR41 as hub / switch?

I am having an computer with all the latest configuration and windows 7 as its operating system, Also it has the wifi technology in it. So as i have wifi i uses the wireless router to get the connection to be established. The other thing is that it enables me to have an access to the network fro wherever i want. Now the problem is that i also have BEFSR41. Can i use it in my current network and if yes than how should i use it as a hub or as a switch.

Re: Using BEFSR41 as hub / switch?

If you will ask me than i will suggest you not to use the BEFSR41 as a hub or as a switch. Yes you can use it as a hub or as switch, But don't do it because if you are getting better performance in the wireless network then why to try the wired one, in fact it includes lot of risks that is noting but if the wire is damaged then the session may timeout or the connection may terminate and also the packets that are traveling may be lost.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is nothing wrong in it if you are using the wired network over the wireless one. If you are willing to use that BEFSR41 than use it as the switch once you will do this then will not be an issue of connecting more than one system to your network. Just do one more thing to it that perform a network test as you will connect it.

First of all thank you all those who have considered my problem and also gave their vital time to fins the solution, But I also want to use it as a hub because i want to connect my system to two or more devices like TV and etc. So is it possible for me to do so can i connect my system to the TV. Please help me i am confused a lot and not able to understand what to do. On the other hand i am facing a lot of problem on my wireless connection and also it is not giving me the desired output.