Thread: Multiple Internet connected for a Home Network

Multiple Internet connected for a Home Network

I just want to configure my home network by CPL USB connections share an Internet connection between 3 PCs, one connected to a router FreeBox activated . Connections to the electricity grid works , I do have a recognition of my 3 posts with speeds of about 10 MBTS / s. PC1 is the PC connected to the Freebox , no pb for him Internet access and Windows XP. PC2 for Windows 98SE and Windows XP PC 3 , no Internet connection available . I tried FreeBox not enabled router and enabled router , DHCP is not activated (with assignment of IP) and enabled (automatic IP ), nothing to do, it does not work . Yet the original installation , it worked and since I reconfigured the PC3 , no way ! Thank you for your help.

Re: Combining Multiple Internet Connections for a Home Network

A quick " Network Connections "," Creating a Home Network " above all that, and my faith , it works with the fire of Zeus ! (at least qaund Free access is stable, masi that's another matter), I 'm really satisfied , the flow rates are very good ( and superior to WiFi, including stability) . For " water " in a home Internet connections to all floors , it seems to me a very good technical solution the powerline taken even though I struggled badly to reach my goals.

Your second decision PLC must be connected to the grid in the same way you have connected your freebox the grid, with the ethernet cable.
    1) There is no software to install.
    2) You must configure your router freebox mode , active mode (DHCP that moves away from the IP address).

A big advantage of networks is the ability to share files and peripherals, P. ex . printers. Sharing a printer is discussed. However , before using the information contained in this chapter, you should add a feature called Services for sharing printers and files. The following numbered steps activating this important feature of your network.
    1. Click Start → Settings → Control Panel,
    2. Double click the network icon to view its properties .
    3. Click the Configuration tab.
    4. Click the Add button ...
    5. Select Service.
    6. Click the Add button ...
    7. Select Sharing printers and files for Microsoft Networks.
    8. Click OK.
    Windows may prompt you to add files it is necessary to copy to update the configuration changes you made . Make sure you have your Windows CD - ROM if the installation requires . You return to the Network dialog box .
    9. Click OK to close the Network dialog box . You are prompted to restart your computer.
    10. Click Yes to restart your computer.

You need to connect routers connect computers and networks between them ( a router may, for example , connect your home network to the internet) . The routers also allow you to share a single Internet connection among multiple computers. Routers can be wired or wireless. You do not need to use a router to a wired network, but we recommend it if you want to share an Internet connection. If you want to share an Internet connection via a wireless network , you need a wireless router. The access points allow computers and peripherals to connect to a wireless network.