Thread: Not able to access DLINK DCS-900 camera on the web

Not able to access DLINK DCS-900 camera on the web

I am using DLINK DCS-900W camera. In this you are suppose to be able to see the camera image of your home which is stayed remotely by just entering the IP address of that port. So samr like that I have also did and setup the camera local IP address to let say 192.68.0.50 and in this I have used the port number 5000 to just forward the image. Then again I have gone to the router which is a DLINK 624 router and there my camera is connected. And make a virtual web server by local LAN address of 192.68.0.50 and I allow port 5000 go during my firewall and filter. So at the present I can access my camera from the internet but I am not able to do this. But if I go to my local LAN and type in http://192.168.0.50:5000 then I am able to "see" my camera well. So this mean that port is forwarding this correctly. So what is the else part I am missing because of that I am not able get that image. So if you can then please help me.

Re: Not able to access DLINK DCS-900 camera on the web

Can you tell me here that have you tried accessing it from remotely yourself? Actually in some ISP’s have the firewall which is set up by default and which also block the many ports that are risky but useful to to have open. And one thing more which is have you also writing the: 5000 after your IP address at the time when you trying to access the router from outside your home? If not the forwarding will not take place? So only these something which you have to take care. And I hope it will fix your issue. So whatever I have told here you just go for this.

So I have to confirm something here which is, and your router has a public IP address and after that you set up your router to forward 5000 to 194.164.0.54, and I think which is attached to the switch which is side of the router. And there you attached the camera via http:// PUBLIC IP ADDR OF ROUTER: 4000 and after that you are not getting anything?

Yes I agree with this. You just a double check, and also you told that your router to forward port 5000 to the IP address 194.164.0.54. So related to this your ISP will not give this as 'public' IP addresses. So check to see you WAN address is in the public domain. And also it is possible than your ISP chunks and all inbound traffic it is just like your router.

I have forwarded this on the Dlink router, and there is something which is called as the virtual server and that is how I was able to set this. There is no menu to put port onward straight so I feel virtual server and port forwarding is the similar. So I have accessed my camera locally on my LAN by typing theIP address but whenever I have entered my public address it will time out so regarding this what should I have to do? Please make it fix as soon as you can.

You have mentioned here your ISP was Comcast. So I have tried to do the similar a while back, with the similar camera, but you try this with the different router. I am also using the Comcast too. And I didn’t attempt almost as hard as you have at this position, I gave up. Only thing is that you are on the right track. A substitute solution, if all you require is static photos is to put in writing a Perl script or alike that downloads photos from the DCS-900 and posts them to your Comcast personal web page. Sometimes ago this is the same thing which I was trying to do. In this it is require a command line program which is also called as the “imgcon" to create the animation. So if you like my suggestion then try this hope it will fix your issue also as it has did in my case.