Thread: Want to test the speed of home network

Want to test the speed of home network

At my home i am having have setup a network which consist of the 2 computers having the connection with Dlink d-634 router. I am even having a laptop in the network which has wireless connection with the router. I want to test the speed of my network. I fell that my internet speed is slow a bit. Do any one know the method to test the speed of the LAN network?

Re: Want to test the speed of home network

I do not want to check the speed of my network, but i want to improve the speed and performance of my network. My network consist of a computer and a laptop connected with the router. My laptop is having wireless connection with the router. I am facing the problem of low speed on the network. Need some advice for improving the speed.

Yesterday when i was trying to send a 800mb file from one desktop to another desktop in the same network, then i was getting very slow speed on the network. Should i change my router to a new one or should i do some modification in the router? I want a internet connection having a faster internet speed. Please give your suggestions.

I have few solution for you.You need to just make a check of it. I feel that you firewall might be using your network or it might be blocking your network. So try to turn off your firewall software. You can also make a check that, there must not be any software update program going on when you are using the network, because it might make a traffic in the network. So turn of the update program and then try to use the internet.

I feel that if you require a high internet speed, then you will require to change your router to a new one having high capacity or internet speed. I will also recommend you to do a complete scan of all the systems present in the network, because there might be chances that the viruses on your system might be using your network.

Thanks for the reply. I found a solution and i tried to implement that solution with and after trying it, now i am satisfied with the speed which i am getting. I turn off my firewall software which was present on both the computers and even i scan my complete system. After doing this two things, i founded the difference in the speed.