Thread: 3Com 4900 Switch Table Problem

3Com 4900 Switch Table Problem

I am using the 3Com 4900 Switch for the inter LAN connection , in the small network of mine and the other thing is that there i am not able to establish a connection , also not able to get the ping , i don't know what is wrong with it and also not able to understand the problem, Is there is any thing wrong in my connection should i make changes with the connection settings is there is away so that i can find whether my switch is fine or not. Please help me out in this case i am worried a lot.

Re: 3Com 4900 Switch Table Problem

I guess that there is nothing wrong with the Switch that you are using and the thing is that if the connection is wrong then what a Switch can do. So i guess that you have done something wrong with the connection settings of yours, Can you send me the exact details of the connection that you have set up for the network. So i would suggest you to just do a connection test that will make you know about the connection errors.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there must be something wrong with the switch that you are using the other thing is that if there are problem in the switch then it is impossible to establish any kind of connection. What you do is just check out the same connection with any different Switch. And if the connection establishes and also generates the ping then it is for sure that your 3Com 4900 Switch has some problems to deal with. Don't worry this problem can be resolved by any of the network engineer.

First of all thank you considering my problem and giving your vital time to find the proper solution for it. The other thing is that i believe that my connection is fine but still i am sending you the details of my connection set up. But from last few days also i am feeling that there may be something wrong with the switch and that may be the reason of not establishing connection. Here is the connection details:-

[4900]
    | | |
    | | |--[4250]
    | |
    | |----[4250]
    |
    |------[4250]

Thank you giving such a detailed explanation of the connection. After studying the connection i don't think that there is any problem with your connection, In the connection you have mentioned that the 4250 so i also suggest you to use any other switch that suits your set up the best like the 4250. If the connection establishes using the 4250 switch and also you are getting the ping the it is better to use the 4250 then the 3Com 4900 Switch. Hope changing the switch will help you in fixing this problem.