Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

IPad connection to free WiFi hotspots

Networking & Security

Old 04-10-2010

IPad connection to free WiFi hotspots

I carry my iPad when on Business trips. Most of the time I have noticed that I was able to hotspots to get internet on my iPad. But I have recently noticed some problem while connecting to wifi hotspots. It gives me a message saying "Cannot access the internet". But why can't? There was no reason mentioned for the same? Please help me!

Old 04-10-2010

Re: IPad connection to free WiFi hotspots

This does not seems to be an iPad problem. Were you asked for registration or sign up kind of stuff? It maybe that you have to go through the registration procedure for those wifi hotspots. Just try to go to free wifi on your Safari page and you should be asked for some details like name, email address, and to select a password. Fill up this information and you should have internet at the end.
Old 04-10-2010

1. Go to Settings application. Go to the General Settings screen.
2. Click on the Wi-Fi category. The iPad start searching for Wi-Fi networks in range. All the networks that are in the range will appear under the "Choose a Network...". Once you have the list, select one from the list and click on it to attempt to join it. If it security lock, you will find a lock icon appearing next to its name. To connect to this network, you require a wireless encryption password. Otherwise skip the next step.
3. In the password field, enter the wireless encryption password for authentication purpose.
4. The iPad will then try to connect to the network. Once the connection is established you will get the Wi-Fi settings screen again with a checkmark next to it confirming the successful join of the network.
Old 04-10-2010

Connecting to any free wifi hotspots is not similar to connecting the internet through the free wifi router/modem etc. Since you are new to the wifi providers, they need to have some detail information related to you and thus asks you to fill up the form in the browser registration page with information like your name, email address and password etc. Until you are a registered customer with a valid password you will not get internet access.
Old 04-10-2010

I have tried all that but it didn't worked. For your kind information, I am using Safari to connect to the internet but still it didn't worked. Until today, I have tried copying the ip address of the various pages; changed the HTTP proxy and set the URL but still no gain. I think my iPad is now dead for wifi.
Old 06-10-2010

If you are so sure about your settings and all that then why don't you consult with Apple about the same? Try to contact Apple Support team and you should get some solution. May be you are not the only one who is having the problem and might be Apple is knowing about this problem and have come up with the solution for the same.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,