Thread: Problem in the Realtek RTL8185 57m wireless LAN network adapter WPA-PSK TKIP

Problem in the Realtek RTL8185 57m wireless LAN network adapter WPA-PSK TKIP

I bought and properly installed a realtek rtl8185 57m wireless LAN network adapter card for my residence PC. If I arrange my router to not utilize a password and have an open system it will work completely well, Though I reside in the city and I favor people to not take my internet consequently I put a password on it utilizing WPA-PSK TKIP. All of the laptops in the home have no difficulty with this and attach completely fine though the desktop will not work with the password enabled, I did modify the pattern on the value so that the password was entered in the correct place but it just did not connect, It established the signal instantly and it says there is 100% signal power. I altered it from WPA to WEP and put a passkey in and the desktop worked! Which is really fine but the issue is that laptop will not going to work with the WEP, which I think it is also fine the reason behind this is that WEP is not nearly as secure as WPA. And regarding this I have downloaded most of the recent drivers for the rtl8185 and also I have tried the whole thing in my power to get it to work with WPA but to no avail, I know the rtl8185 is a piece of scrap but it appears to work completely fine with WEP or unsecured So if anyone know regarding this then please help me.

Re: Problem in the Realtek RTL8185 57m wireless LAN network adapter WPA-PSK TKIP

I have also faced this issue but currently it is working well. My problem was also related to the driver. So regarding that I have downloaded the driver and install that and my problem get fixed. You also did like that and download the updated or the newer driver for your realtek. And after that in last you just update router firmware.

Re: Problem in the Realtek RTL8185 57m wireless LAN network adapter WPA-PSK TKIP

Here also the same problem. Actually I am also facing the same issue. I am also using the updated RTL8185 driver as does the apocalikik as the previous user guided. And I have also updated the most recent router firmware. These are Cisco access points. And as much I know that No one else on the net has this matter.

I have also the same issue. The RTL8185 works fine on the unsecured system, but if the system is secured then it will simply not work on that sytem (WPA2). As you have suggested according to that I have updated all the video cards to firmware; all to no avail. My supposition is that this card simply is not able to support WPA2.

This is the solution which is I am going to give it is for the windows vista RTL8185 AP form. And there way out the program REALTEK RTL8185 Wireless LAN Utility which is running there, Before you start this you just got to the taskbar
    The follow the following steps

• First thing is go to my computer after this Open the drive and you have to get the location where program is currently running. For the most of cases it is in the drive c:\
    • And there you just browse to C:\Program Files\REALTEK\RTL8185 Wireless LAN Utility And when you complete this search the following ini file 8185.ini if it is 64 bit windows 7 and the will be 8185x64.ini
    • Double click to open it and it will open with notepad after this Delete all the contents of the file

So this will sure fix your issue.

The file about which you are talking that is .INI file it is working fine on the XP too. And for me problem is completely for me. And I am really thanks for your post. Once you place that .INI file in position and either reboot or restart the application, you will get more tabs at the top of the Realtek Wireless LAN application make bigger the window if you do not observe them. And in this the last one is Wi-Fi Protected Set which is providing you the push button which automatic attach you and the PIN options for WPA setup. And that is why I do not appreciate why Realtek ships which is out of the crippled version.