Thread: Hotel Wi-Fi networks with iPad

Hotel Wi-Fi networks with iPad

I have Exchange email setup on my iPad. Now a days I am on tour and have been carrying my iPhone and iPad with me. All the hotels that I have visited doesn't provide wifi connection and so I am unable to access my emails any more. Since my iPhone have SIM card, it doesn't have any problem but there is no hope for my iPad. Sometime it detects some wireless network but I can't connect. This was not the problem when I was at my home. Is there any solution to this?

Re: Hotel Wi-Fi networks with iPad

I think there is some problem with your iPad. Its better if you visit Apple Store and get things sorted out. Visit their store or any other place where you get some wifi connection and try if this works. If this isn't then your iPad has some serious problem otherwise ask Apple team to explain and solve the problem.

Even I had noticed this problem. In my case, when I tried to connect the ipad to the network and has assigned a proper IP address but irrespective of what address has been entered I don't get the login screen. I can't access the internet. As said above, I also thought that Apple would help me to get this device working in hotels but I was unsatisfied and left disappointed. It seems to me I have wasted my money.

There is nothing wrong with the device. The problem lies in your settings. You just need to change those settings and you should get the internet connection and thus email access on your iPad. Simply go to the Settings > Safari > Autofill option. Disable this feature. That's it!

Ask your hotel manager and the concerned person over there should help you to get wifi connection. Most of the times hotel people provide you with a card which has a tech support number who looks into such kind of issue. Call up with that number. If you are lucky, you will get some response explaining how to setup your iPad for internet connection.

ThumbsUp Re: Hotel Wi-Fi networks with iPad

I found this thread after having a similar problem-- solid wifi in hotel room (my PC's connected) but iPad couldn't reach the net. I checked out the safari autofill suggestion, but autofill was already turned off. No luck

then I saw the "allow pop ups" in safari settings. Switched that off and that did the trick! The browser was killing the pop up authentication window. if other fixes aren't working, give it a shot- hope it helps ~joe