Thread: Apple Faces Increasing Cyber Threats says McAfee

Apple Faces Increasing Cyber Threats says McAfee

McAfee expects says that the mobile devices are to be the target of malware attacks immediately. The computer security company also predicts attackers targeting shortened URL services and internet TV platforms as more groups are expected to repeat the WikiLeaks example. McAfee said the popularity of iPads and iPhones, combined with the lack of user understanding of proper security for these devices will increase the risk for data and identity exposure, and will make Trojans a common occurrence. So you all need to be very alert about it.

Re: Apple Faces Increasing Cyber Threats says McAfee

I think that it is true. I guess that there is increasing threat to the Apple products .And as stated that this maybe due to more groups are expected to repeat the WikiLeaks. So I think that we all just need to get a good antivirus installed to be on the safer side. What we can do is go on the McAfee web site and then get the latest version of antivirus. Once we download and install it then I feel that we can feel safe from the cyber threats that are going around us.

Even I agree with the earlier solution. According to me the iproducts are increasingly becoming threatening and therefore they will more profitable to the malware developers to attack. So its very nice on McAfee’s part that they have informed us before. It's not a McAfee sales strategy so much as it seems that obvious. But to be on a safer side I think that we all need to get a good antivirus. Once we get it then everything will be fine.

I hope that its just a marketing strategy by McAfee. Wasn't there supposedly a virus that was going around for the Mac on Facebook few time back. And it was supposed to be all gloomy for the Mac so for that I have even read in the forums for it but, I haven't heard anything about it since, because nothing happened after that .I guess that it is pretty much the same thing. So I am not very much bothered about it. Everything will be fine and we don’t have to worry about it.

I don’t agree that the iproducts are increasingly becoming threatening. I have been using the McAfee or Symantec from many years and gave tried to push this junk on the largest distributed smartphone platform in the world. I think that the OS is secure enough to begin with and patches and the updates are made and are distributed quickly by Apple or Google for their respective platforms. So I feel that this is just a marketing strategy by McAfee.

I think that the only way your iPhone or iPador even the iPod Touch is vulnerable to these things is if you jailbreak it. Even then whatever the number of jail broken IOS devices is and I guess that it will remain too small a target to go after. This is why Apple and the Android model is destined to follow the PC down the virus .It's also why AV vendors would prefer that you bought Android or Windows mobile.