Thread: How to Implement multiple iSCSI SAN deployment with iSCSI switch for multiple ESXi

How to Implement multiple iSCSI SAN deployment with iSCSI switch for multiple ESXi

I have some question on implementing multiple iSCSI SAN deployment with iSCSI switch for multiple ESXi. I am not so good in setting up the server but some help can provide me better options here. Before that I was planning to go for Raid. But after searching out some sources I found some lesser features for the same. What more can I do here. I am not doing the same at my own. What are the flaws in this.

Re: How to Implement multiple iSCSI SAN deployment with iSCSI switch for multiple ESXi

With the SAN architecture, the storage has reached the dimension system. A SAN solution uses skills as diverse as storage technologies, networks, servers and administration. By itself, a vendor can develop all the components of a SAN solution. It must work with specialized partners. The architecture of a SAN solution should be based primarily on standards and anticipate their evolution.

Re: How to Implement multiple iSCSI SAN deployment with iSCSI switch for multiple ESXi

The success of a SAN solution is linked to its ability to support communication among heterogeneous elements that comprise it. This involves the supplier of heavy investments in its laboratories to test interoperability. The company wishes to engage the SAN should focus on builders who have mastered all aspects of a computer system, were able to form alliances with the best players in the market, closely involved in the evolution.

RAID is only a protection against the failure of individual hard drives. All other errors can not be intercepted. If someone delete files so they are on all physical disks removed of course. Also, a virus will infect files all, is repair of the data is not a choice, so they can a backup retrieved are only. In a fire or water damage are not only individual hard drives, but the overall unit affected in drag. Here again, a backup file.

Hard disks have many mechanical components such as bearings and motors. These are subject to wear and tear, so that time these parts can fail one after. These are not errors in design, but for technical reasons. Every hard drive will fail after a time. Another problem is the small size at the high data volume and high speed. The magnetic layer moves near the speed of sound past the write head and with such a small distance that a particle of dust would cause problems.

You must also consider what to choose between fiber and scsi. If distances of more than 10 meters can be overcome, this can be Fiber Channel be realized with only. Play the cost but a critical role to win so clear SCSI. Both the host bus adapter, as well as the wiring can be cheaper. For an investment in the future, however, Fiber Channel clearly in the lead. Be converted to a SAN is possible without problems, the connections from remote locations can be easily solved.

ISCI is a type of a network version which is used for storage protocol designed to operate over TCP. Basically it is very important to understand the specification for different model architecture of SCSI and in the same way iSCSI which can be transported ove the network command and lies between the host and the target. The same it is also responsible for read and writing of data.