Thread: Wtd: Recover admin password on SBS2003 with dynamic disks

Wtd: Recover admin password on SBS2003 with dynamic disks

I would like to know if it has a method or a command to change the local administrator password on windows 2003 server. I would also like to know how to reduce the minimum length of password if all your boxes in security policy password is grayed out. I would like to change my password is one that contains just four words but there is a problem in that. I cannot reduce the same.

Re: Wtd: Recover admin password on SBS2003 with dynamic disks

You can change the password for the administrator account in the console active directory users and computers. For that run the console which is located at Start > Programs > Administrative Tools. Then if you does not have AD support then you just need do a right click on desktop and then click on manage. After that in Utility go in local groups and here you can adjust the settings.

The default password of the server is empty because the installation of SBS MSDE 2003 installs Windows Authentication mode only no for SQL authentication and due to that it is not possible to change the password of the same without changing the mode of authentication. By default for the LoginMode there is a key in the registry of the SQL instance which fixed at a HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Microsoft SQL Server \ InstanceName \ MSSQLServer. Here you will need to modify the same and set the LoginMode 0.

The selection list does not propose the local computer, then try putting the hostname or Administrator name. In the below block I tried to post some number of passwords but nothing helped there. I am planning to use the cd linux Offline NT password cracker recovery for the local pass, and then you can reinit pass the admin area with tools microsoft found while browsing on Google.

I am trying a linux cd to pass the same. With the latest version of linux cd password I am not able to see see partitions of sata c, etc. Finally, I found an older version, I found the 2 partitions in that the first one was 20GB for one of the boot and one of 80 GB. When I chose the first, boot from linux cd the it again failed to work at all properly. You might need to try some similar workgroup to enter.

The only thing here you can try is to take the C sata driver and put it on a floppy and then load. If you still do not find no disk in hand. I am not sure what is the most proper driver for that. I thought a technical, but it seems to be easy for the same. Make a SATA disk image with Acronis True Image on a USB external drive and image on a PC with a bogus IDE or SCSI disk.

The only local password is one that can be used by booting in recovery mode AD, in normal mode on a DC that there 's AD accounts to use, then boot in AD restore mode and try your words password. And you this time you are in deep problem. You might need to run AD recovery for that and sometime the group policy settings will help you out.

buaini Guest

Many of us are usually confronted with this problem-forget our Windows password and have no idea what to do.Now,let’s get acquainted with this issue.

You can create a password reset disk which enables you to reset your password without much hassle. The problem with this option is that you have to create the reset disk before the password is lost. You can find a description of how to create a password reset disk here.

The policy is surely to enable access through Services Terminal. Open the plug-in Domain Security Policy from the Tools and then go in Administration > Server. In Setting protections go in the Local Policies and then click on the Assignment. Now you have to go on User Rights and here enable the policy Allow Access through Services Terminal. Try adding the group Remote Desktop Users.

buaini Guest

Ok,i search this information for you.

I have forgotten my Windows Password! I'm Locked out of my computer! How do I login?

Windows Password Key 8.0 is considered as the best tool to reset local administrator and user passwords on any Windows system. It creates a password recovery CD/DVD, USB Flash Drive for home, business and enterprise. And most of all, it's the most popular and safe solution for resetting your Windows password until now.