Thread: Windows Server 2008 R2 loses ability to connect to network share

Windows Server 2008 R2 loses ability to connect to network share

Hi,
    i am having the two server as 2003 and 2008,server 2003 is one of the old domain and the server 2008 is my new domain,the users of the old domain are able to share with server of 2003,the problem with the server is that i get two errors for it when i try to map the home drive on the UNC name i get the error of System error 53 has occurred,and when try to map with home drive using the IP address then i get the error of System error 59 has occurred,so please any help me to solve this problem.

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 loses ability to connect to network share

The problem with windows server 2008 to connect to the network,so problem might be with the SMB because the sessions of the users are on the tcp which is connected to the server,the login id of the first user is added to the server,so if the particular user logs of then sessions of the other users fails since the login is not valid, so the user does not have to log off the terminal but has only to disconnect the sessions.

The connection problem for windows server 2008 to share its network on other server, so as for the high performance, high bandwith,quality network, reliable hardware and low-cost management services. This server has host it in one of our SAS 70 Type II certified data centers.Therefore it will help to connect to the enterprise-grade network and get basic tech support services.

The two servers which you have and the problem is regarded to share the network between them,therefore you try to have separate line to be set up summery which includes what Service pack level and what updates are applied on the system, this kind of the update may lead you to cause the error which you are facing.

The problem regarding the network share between the two servers,so you have to go to the network connections then to tcp properties,and then to the advanced and you have to add the windows server address,then in netbios settings you may enable the netbios over the tcp/ip. Then you may boot the server and map the drivers with NetBios name.

The similar kind of the problem which i face with my that as i am not able to access shares through the netbios names but even not able to share through ip address at such times sometimes netbios works, my fdqn FQDN seems to always work.I have approx 5 servers in this setup and have setup a share on each server to test whenever the problem occurs.So please any one let me know why this access has been restricted.

The issue for you about the network sharing within the two servers,according to me the problem may not be regarded to the netbios,windows server or the dns,it is the problem with the o.s which should be able to remember the invalid sharenames,so for the solution the windows has to expire after 30sec,but the name which is provided to the netbios it never get expired.

The windows server 2008 which you have includes many enhancements that make this release the most robust Windows Server Web application platform.It offers an updated Web server role, Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5, and greater support for .NET on Server Core. Design goals for IIS 7.5 concentrated on improvements that enable Web administrators to more easily deploy and manage Web applications that increase both reliability and scalability.

The two servers which you use 2003 and 2008,therefore In windows server 2003 has been iis is version 6.0.in that mean time windows server 2008 has iis 7.o,the features for windows 2008 are The self-healing NTFS file system,Parallel session creation,Clean service shutdown,Kernel Transaction Manager.