Thread: DirectAccess IPsec error

DirectAccess IPsec error

The problem with my server for which i am not able to connect to the network, it gives me the error of An IPsec negotiation failure is preventing the connection.But for the direct access test the client even get the access to application, the operating system which are used to the windows server 2008 and windows 7.So please help me to overcome this problem.

Re: DirectAccess IPsec error

The ip sec error which you get for the direct access, so accordingly you may try to check the settings such as the provider name has to be the Microsoft Corportion,and as per the provider description is to be the microsoft windows firewall IPsec provider,the filter name is supposed to be the DirectAccess policy -ClientToDnsDc, while the provider context name should be the DirectAccess policy -ClientToDnsDc

The problem which is related to an IPsec negotiation failure is preventing the connection while building DirectAccess in the test environment, according to me they are the computer certificate for IPSec,so there might be requirement of installation of correct computer certificates on the IPSec peers.Even check for the client certificates which may have been installed.

As the issue is concerned with the direct access for the test environment,so i would like to inform to install the certificate for the direct access,the certificate of the client is meant for the Client Authentication and Server Authentication,whereas the direct access certificate is meant for the server authentication only.

The recommendation for direct access in test environment, it the one where enables remote users to securely access shared folders, web sites, and applications without connecting to a virtual private network (VPN). The main advantage this has over traditional VPN solutions, is that it is integrated into the Operating System so that whenever you have an Internet connection available, Windows will automatically attempt connect to your corporate network. If your connection drops or you change location, Windows will continuously attempt to reconnect on your behalf.

As per the error which you get for the direct access test environment,so you may try out working with the DC01 having the ip address of 2002:836b:2:1::5efe:10.0.0.1, this may be helpful to make the to make the ip sec connection, so according to me dc01 may be quite good for working for the direct access.

The direct access test environment failure giving you the error of An IPsec negotiation failure is preventing the connection,therefore the settings for the nrpt over the client has to be checked,as the failure is related to the client,so the windows firewall audit may be done to check the reasons why the DirectAccess Policy-ClientToDnsDc IPsec policy fails to connect.

For my windows server NRPT policies is applied and enabled,so i get the error of No policy configured,this error is not solved by me, the proper ip addresses have been provided even then i get these errors, so please any recommend to solve this problem.