Thread: How to setup multi-user streaming server, web interfaced

How to setup multi-user streaming server, web interfaced

I am on a project for creating a streaming server. I have to create a service that will distribute playlist multiple users at the same time and on different playlist. Imagine that 50 people have ordered a playlist and then I have to broadcast the same. I am just testing a small one at my home and need help for the same. Does Windows Media Server is quiet recommended for that.

Re: How to setup multi-user streaming server, web interfaced

There are methods of transmission of streaming media which is operated by some broadcast TV. I had tried to run a setup for Radio and that is broadcasted without issue. I am not sure about multi streaming which might not work properly. It is something also similar to what happens on a LAN, where the same cable for transmitting all traffic and get whoever is listening. It appears that this mode of transmission is called multicasting and the transmission is made on a single stream output.

The streaming technology is used to ease the downloading and running audio and video on the web, and to listen and view the files while being downloaded. The streaming works as follows. First our computer (the client) connects to the server and it will start sending the file. The client begins receiving the file and constructs a buffer where it starts to save the information. You might need to arrange some script for that.

There are also other programs that are very reliable. For that the server nullsoft shoutcast streaming is best and here you can configured on the based of tags or labels. This includes parameters such as input and output ports for audio to be transmitted and IP address of the local network where the server resides, in addition to specifying the number limit for users who wish to connect to our broadcast, which is proportional to our bandwidth usage and ram.

Such streaming server which you are trying to create requires to transmit encoders, such as Winamp DSP plugins, or SimpleCast. This are the one of excellent program in my opinion because it can transmit at different bitrates. It can also run on more than three servers and monitors at the same time with incoming and outgoing users. So such solution will be best and stable for you.

The streaming may be a better solution to end the piracy of movies and music. There are also some quality software, whose price varies according to the bitrate you want. This also includes the licensing of copyright, provides software for Internet transmission of audio sources either directly as mp3 or FM signal from a radio station. A much thing is important that the server must be compatible with the tools.

Some http servers are known for their speed to serve static content in case of videos and I think for that Lighttpd and Nginx are nice. My choice has yet turned to Apache, in its MPM-Worker. The performances are indeed just as honorable compared to other solutions and gives us access to many libraries used with apache. This version of Apache has the particularity to instantiate threads in a shared memory space to handle requests (failing to create processes). This is best for web based solution.

For such it is better that I will recommend you to use Media Server package. There are lots of companies which gives support for the same. Like Microsoft which is mostly used. I have my on Windows 7 home server and that works well. My all files is also shared by my home users. It gives more flexibility if configured with Xbox. There are other server also which you can try out.

At first it is necessary to have a special server to place files to download audio or video streaming on our websites. Normal server can send any information and is the customer who is in charge of processing to be shown as the receiving goes. However, there are special servers ready to transmit streaming. Although in many cases it is necessary to use them they may offer important benefits such as sending a file of varying quality depending on the speed of our line.