Thread: How to work Remote desktop connection

How to work Remote desktop connection

I work on the laptop at my home ,i to have a computer .I am trying to connect my with the remote desktop connection on my laptop.I am able to view my other computers content and also able to share files by typing '\\computer name' in the address bar.But the same thing when i do in the remote desktop connection ,then it does not work.What should i do now?

Re: How to work Remote desktop connection

This problem was even faced by me .I tried several solution but not able to fix the issue .But finally got 1 solution which helped me in solving the problem.follow this -Control Panel------>Display Properties ---------> setting -------->Advanced Button ------> Troubleshoot ------->set the resolution to none and apply this setting.Now you can check the connection.

Well for solving this ,you need to go to my computer ,in the my computer go to remote tab.In this tab you need to enable remote connection on both the machines.I was advised to use the home version on for the connection purpose,but there can not be connection between home version to home version .I think that the home version is not designed for the network use.

I am providing some basic information about which operating in windows support the remote desktop connection.There can be remote desktop in the Windows XP (sp2 or sp3) and it can be connected to Vista home basic and premium.But the reverse is not possible.You try this connection by installing this operating systems in your system.Hope it will work for you.

This is the solution for the users working on windows XP OS.Go to the Windows Firewall and then go to Advanced tab in th3e windows firewall.Now allow remote connection for each network type .Click on the setting option and allow remote desktop.You also need to add a exception to Remote Desktop in the exceptions tab.Hope this would help in solving your problem.