Thread: ws.reputation.1 detections on Firefox DEV builds

ws.reputation.1 detections on Firefox DEV builds

I have an brand new DELL laptop with Mozila Firefox as the Internet browser and windows 7 as operating system. Trying to use development builds of Firefox and 360 is flagging about deletion of files. But every time getting a error for maximum files, named as "ws.reputation.1". The files are like plugin-container.exe, updater.exe and many more. What should I do to..?

Re: ws.reputation.1 detections on Firefox DEV builds

According to your post, if the files are quarantined, do restore them from Quarantine folder. For this check it in Check Security History under Tasks. Then run “Live update” to get the latest definitions of your security toolbar, then run a Comprehensive Scan. Check whether it is detected as a threat after scan. If it not found as a threat then ignore the detection from the Norton Insight Scan for some time interval. This may be rectified later in the latest update.

QUES: Have the exact problem, continuously getting an error warning in every .rar file. The file name is ws.Reputation.1. The threat is quarantined every time I right- click on a .rar file. It not detected by the Norton whenever I run a full scan of my system, it detects n the cookies. I have Norton Anti virus 2010. Please let me know what this is and how to solve it on every downloaded .rar file?

Friend Moon Walker,according to your post, I could see, that this type of problems impacts to those users have the download intelligence turned on or right click and run the Insight Network Scan. So, turn off it, it will keep you away from Ws.Reputation.1. This is the only way to fix this problem. After turn it off the downloaded(.rar or .zip) file will not show you this message.

I did some test on this issue, but my problem is regarding the files which are generated by the Internet Explorer 8. No matter whether it is downloaded or saved as a HTML page. Just right click on the desktop, select new file and select a new text file, rename it by giving the extension either txt to htm. Open that empty file with IE8 and save it as plain html or mht file. Then scan it by Norton and it will complain about that virus and then removes the file/virus. If this virus is really presents there, it must be in an alternate data stream hidden behind the visible part of the file. Now try it with your browser it will gives you result.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Please run LiveUpdate to get the most recent definitions. This problem should have been fixed.