Thread: Unable to share file between two computers on the same network

Unable to share file between two computers on the same network

Hello,
    I am having two computers at my home .Both this computers are connected to the same network.I am not able to share files from one computer to the other computer through the network.On my one computer i am having windows XP installation and on my other Computer there is windows vista.Is there problem related to my different windows.

Re: Unable to share file between two computers on the same network

I am providing you some instruction .Follow this instruction ,it might be helpful for you.check that you are have the same Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS IP addresses.Next check that you are have the same IP scheme.Next you need to check whether you can ping other computers by their name or not.Now make sure you have the same work group name.You try out with this things .If you want more help then reply me back.

Check this out ,if it helps then fine.For troubleshooting purposes, turn off XP and completely uninstall all other firewall software.After you are working with it you can add more complexity in it.You also make sure that you are have the same username and password as the person logging onto the other computers.Can try this solution.

As you said that you are having the two different operating systems installed on your systems.There is problem withe your operating system and the problem is related with windows vista operating system.You should change it to windows xp . You must also change some thinks on sharing settings for share files .On windows xp every thing will work fine.

I am providing one solution for you .You check this out. Install net meeting software on your system .After the installation go to run and type the command conf. The net meeting software will be started .Now you need to go to the help and at last you can see IP address .Through this IP you can call other PC .But make sure that other PC in the same network should the same software and have the same setting.