Thread: Norton Ghost 15 - 'Error E98F0028'

Norton Ghost 15 - 'Error E98F0028'

I have encompassed an external HD on which I encompass restore position from an additional apparatus: I started Recovery point browser, be able to browse the files, and required to mount the drive, Dialog box come into view to select Drive letter, after that I had hit it off ok error box come into view indicating 'Error E98F0028:' nothing additional, nothing less. I ran a backup: try to mount this backup similar error. I nedd some help here.

Re: Norton Ghost 15 - 'Error E98F0028'

I be able to copy files other than not mount the drive. Started chat assist by means of Norton : first engineer told that it is a NON EXSISTING ERROR (I have to be lucky to have a non-existing error on my screen), second engineer : might not locate the tribulations too, third one started remote session other than subsequent to 1 Hr had no clue. Anyone in similar situation I need some suggestions.

The total error communication you get is a dialogue 'error' box from windows by means of the text: Error E98F008: that's it. No additional text, nothing to locate in the event logs, Ghost seems to run, you be able to recover files , additional than you cannot mount the image as a drive. I encompass deinstalled / installed ghost numerous times did not work (of course in addition logged on as administrator and in addition tried by means of 'run as' administrator, I even have generated an additional administrator account and tried from this 'new' administrator account' ) no luck I encompass put out of action UAC in windows , no luck .

You not be able to respond to the additional thread for the reason that threads be converted into locked if no reaction within 60 days. What is your exact version or description of Ghost from Help > regarding. Is your OS 32 or 64 bit. Are you trying to accumulate a .v2i or .iv2i image. Encompass you tried to run the Recovery Point Browser in Tools > Run Recovery Point Browser. Try this, then choose View recovery point by and desire Filename from the drop down register.

In this then you have to browse to your backup image and observe if Ghost be able to load the recovery point. On one occasion loaded, hit it off on the top entrance on the left window pane then hit it off Verify. Give pleasure to let me be familiar with if it verifies successfully. If it does, then you be able to recover files unswervingly from the recovery point browser. Subsequent to they ascertain that the image is superior, and then they be able to continue troubleshooting to locate out why the mount does not work.

I contacted Customer hold up or maintain and got a technician by the name of Obaid. He resolve the tribulations. It comes into view that my advanced alternative be supposed to have been similar to this: It come into view I got the first error when I was copying terrible sectors. It comes into view I got the second error when I was not copying Smart Sectors. Consequently, "Disable Smart Sector Copying" be supposed to be unchecked and "Ignore bad sectors during copy" be supposed to be checked.

I have encompassed and continued to do additional research as well as trial & error work and discovered if I put out of action Compression the backup determine to be generated by means of no errors. This is evidently not an acceptable solution in view of the fact that the backup of a complete drive is massive in size; on the other hand, this does make available a temporary work approximately and might make available a number of clues in identifying the root cause. I would tranquil appreciate help resolving the tribulations so I be able to generate backups by means of at least "Standard" compression.