Thread: Norton AntiVirus 11.1 for Mac, Live Update Messages ask for 2 Symantec Keys every time

Norton AntiVirus 11.1 for Mac, Live Update Messages ask for 2 Symantec Keys every time

Having a brand new MAC with NAV 11.1. Secured by NORTON Antivirus. But getting from few days two messages which appear every time I run windows live update.:
    1.The antivirus wants "Symantec" key to use. And
    2.IR Tool also wants to use the "Symantec key". What is this "Symantec key"? What do I have with this keyword? Suggest me how can I get rid from these two messages

Re: Norton AntiVirus 11.1 for Mac, Live Update Messages ask for 2 Symantec Keys every time

I read your post are would like to ask you, are you using the Migration Assistant in your computer, to copy your NORTON product from one system to another system or are you using any external hard disk drive to start your computer? Only it happens, when your NORTON product does not recognize your Mac, the message ‘Symantec key’ will appear.

Re: Norton AntiVirus 11.1 for Mac, Live Update Messages ask for 2 Symantec Keys every time

According to you issue which you posted, I think your Migrate Subscription tool is not properly installed. For that follow this steps to download and run the tool.
    1.Click HERE to download Migrate Subscription tool.
    2.To expand that one, double-click the “MigrateSubscription.zip” file.
    3.Double-click the “MigrateSubscription.command” file to execute it.
    4.Type your administrator password, and then press return.
    5.If a blank terminal window appears, restart your computer and run the tool again.
    6.When you see the Process Completed message, on the Terminal menu, click Quit Terminal.

One other thing, check your firewall application settings in ypur MAC mini. Remove everything associated with Norton and start out fresh. When the firewall popup screen prompt asks for your approval/denial authorization when Norton requests access, select always allow. Do not forget to allow your Norton access.

Thank you friends. Read all the post regarding my posted issue. And check my whole MAC mini properly, and found that the message the message appeared because of my MigrateSubscription tool was not properly installed. And then follow the instructions, posted by 'reddevil6' , download it and run the application, and now there is no problem. If any having same type of problem follow that one, it works.