Thread: Can't download fix for Symantec Keychain problem

Can't download fix for Symantec Keychain problem

I have moved my files from my old MacBook to a brand new I-Mac and I am getting the "Symantec Keychain" trouble requesting for a password. I have gone through the Norton Community and found a perfect solution, the Migrate Subscription device. But I am unable to download it on my computer system. I've tried it out to do so with my Mac's native browser as well as with Firefox. Is there is any specific way to download from Norton. Usually when I download it come in just fine. Any help regarding this problem may be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Quique; 18-09-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Re: Can't download fix for Symantec Keychain problem

Hi, to solve this problem you have to download the driver from the official site of the Norton support. I have just used it from Firefox on my computer system. I had not faced any problems with it. Is you are facing the problem or any error messages? And what version of Mac Operating System X are you using?
    Last edited by rooki; 18-09-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Yeah, during the time of accessing the system I don't get any error messages. But the problem is that when I look to the downloading window on the display screen, in the Firefox application it says that it is starting and it never moves further. I am also using the Safari, the safari download box show a little proportion of downloads, and about 4.5% to 5.7% then it show to hang. The Mac Operating System X is 10.6.4 on an IMac, with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
    Last edited by Quique; 18-09-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Hi, you have to just go for the simple steps you have to perform is right or control-click on the "Migrate Subscription" site above and apply 'Save Link As'. The file you have chosen to download at any location change it to the .txt extension of that file to .zip and double click on it. That will provide you a new folder called "Migrate Subscription" containing two items. Now just Double-click on the .command file which will help you to open in Terminal on your computer system. Then you need to write the security code (Password) after that push the 'Return' Button.
    Last edited by rooki; 18-09-2010 at 11:51 AM.