Thread: How to recover Norton Ghost backups stored using recovery disk

How to recover Norton Ghost backups stored using recovery disk

I have an external USB hard disk peripheral on which I wanted to save and recover backups made by the Norton Ghost 15. I have made TrueCrypt encrypted separation on the Hard disk and stored Norton Ghost recovery point on one of the partitions on this hard disk. I ran the "Driver Validation Tool" and it goes unsuccessful, so I have gone through the wizard to produce a custom "Symantec Recovery Disc". After the driver for PCI card was built-in in the custom disc, I started viewing about my TrueCrypt external hard disk and the recovery surroundings also need to mount and use the TrueCrypt separation in order to work. So, I wonder how to solve this problem. Any help regarding this problem may be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to recover Norton Ghost backups stored using recovery disk

I have gone through this problem can you give me some more information about your computer system what you want to do. I think you are having some option with you, if you want to have a suggestion then you can give me your personal suggestion for the selection which will be very helpful to you.

Thanks for understanding my problem; I have the option with me a) do anyone have includes whatever is required to be able to contact the TrueCrypt separation on the custom recovery disc? b) Either I have to do this by burning the process for some of the other "recovery surroundings" that has right to use the TrueCrypt, and then another way is to launch the Symantec Recovery tools after the TrueCrypt separation are mounted.
    Last edited by Rafaeel; 18-09-2010 at 09:14 AM.

I think that you have the right option to solve your problem but I have another solution to go through this problem. Keep anyone hard disk partition on your computer system then unencrypted, and if you need to access the "Symantec Recovery Disc", go for the CD/DVD disc that have an Operating System in it, it must have the TrueCrypt on it either on any Operating System you are using. After that increase the TrueCrypt separation on the additional USB Hard disk, when you mount to transfer the Norton recovery points that I need to have access to for recovery to partition, at last reboot with the Symantec Recovery Disc Drive and continue as usual. I hope this should work no as per your problem.

Hi, I have done this thing and remember the some steps which is given as below from the Norton Ghost recovery environment:

Analyze > Explore my Computer.
    File > Open, you have declare no to recovery points, and then click OK.
    Set it to "View by Filename" and push to the Browse button.
    Then it ask for the suggestion "Files by type" change it to the "All files (*.*)
    Browse to the traveler executable and right click on it and atlast select "run as administrator".