Thread: FF3 taking too much CPU for falsh content

FF3 taking too much CPU for falsh content

I have seen that Firefox 3 is not working fine with the pages which contains audio player. While loading such pages it uses all the CPU it can get and keeps that for little time and I cannot do anything else. I tried loading the same page with Internet Explorer 6 that also uses 100% of CPU while loading but once it loaded it then it uses only 20% of CPU for keeping the music player. But in case of FF3 it takes about 70 % of CPU to keep the same music player after loading the same music player. I cannot understand the reason behind such a big difference.
    Is anyone here have noticed the same on their PC. Please suggest me the solution for that.

Re: FF3 taking too much CPU for falsh content

I would like to tell you that Internet explorer uses a different plugin then Firefox. I know that both are the same version but they uses different Plugins. Therefor we can not compare IE6 and Firefox. It would be fairer to compare between Firefox's performance to Opera or Safari because they have the same plugins as the Firefox. I think it would have given you the clear idea that why there is a difference between IE6 and FireFox.

Quote Originally Posted by Huron View Post
    It would be fairer to compare between Firefox's performance to Opera or Safari because they have the same plugins as the Firefox.
    No, it is not fair because consumer will constantly see any trouble with Flash in Firefox and which is not present in IE as a Firefox matter. The flash plugin has become problem for Firefox always. When I got dual core then I did not care enough for testing. That testing also exposed that the performance difference was mainly egregious with AMD processors. It should be most important for the Mozilla to encourage Adobe to give best Flash plugin for Firefox because Flash is ever more enveloping.

Ta, It is definitely problem with the plugin. I tried to download the same page with Firefox 2.0.0.14 which is latest of Firefox 2.0 and I found that it works better than Firefox 3.0. It is better than FF3 because it does not take 70% of the CPU if you are running the page which contains a music player. You should use Firefox 2.0.0.14 and it will solve the issue.

You can try Flashblock and see that is it is showing any differeance in CPU use. It is an extension for the Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape browsers.

Flashblock is an addition for the Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape browsers. This uses a pessimistic method to manage Macromedia Flash content on a webpage. It blocks all Flash content and it cannot be loaded. It then foliage placeholders on the webpage which download the flash contents after clicking the download button.

Hey I was also having the same problem. I upgraded the Flash 10 beta and it works for me. It reduces my CPU use to 40%. I have not faced any such problem till now but I haven't been vigorously monitoring CPU usage. You should also upgrade your Flash 10 beta and see that if it works for you. I am sure that it is going to solve the issue to some extends.

Flash contents are very common on internet. Flash is like animated gifs. We have to stop playing it. There are many few respectable website which have animated gifs. Flash will blow till the Adobe integrade your video card. Flash are very nice to see but you need a strong CPU to run it.