Thread: Norton Ghost 15 & SSDs

Norton Ghost 15 & SSDs

I am having the Norton Ghost 15.0 which is the Norton back up utility which have the file recovery feature in it. But my issue is that I am having windows 7 in my laptop and wants to do the back up my SSD and the again do the restoring of the SSD drive back. I want to know is this possible with the using of Norton Ghost 15. So, I am looking for the proper guidance to create the back up of the clean Windows 7.

Re: Norton Ghost 15 & SSDs

I have heard that the Ghost 14.0 works well with the back up of my SSD drive. As you are using the window 7 that you are also using the upgraded version of Norton Ghost 15 and the best way is to have your Ghost 15 restore the image backup to the currently presented drive as then it will not re-partition of the drive. You will get the 100MB recovery partition done for the Windows 7. So just get it done on your computer it might help you out to get solve with your problem.

If you are looking for the backup of the SSD with the use of the Norton Ghost 15 the you can get it done with the following steps. First just connect the external hard drive to your computer then the Ghost 15 will detect it automatically then go for the C drive back for your windows 7 backup then it will provide you with the recommended setting to be done with the software just select it . Then select the external disc for the backup of the drive as the destination. Then click on the Run BackUp Now checkbox and then click on the finish button and then the backup is done.

I was having the same confusion with the Norton Ghost 15 compatible with the windows 7. So the windows 7 back up can be done on the SSD drive as due to it makes the partition of the availible boundry. As we go for the Windows 7 to make the aligned partition and the restore the system instead of deleting it. It will take the 100 MB space to get the system recovery partition done on it.