Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

FF 3.5 blinking cursor over links

Networking & Security

Old 18-09-2010
Members

FF 3.5 blinking cursor over links

Friends, I am using the Firefox browser. My cursor becomes crazy when I take it over the links in pages. Blinking of it becomes very fast for 1 Ė 2 second and after that it stops. Again when I move mouse it starts blinking. It is very frustrating and I want to get out of this issue. I donít have any idea why this is happening. Can you please help me with your suggestion? Thank you in advance for replying.

Old 18-09-2010

Re: FF 3.5 blinking cursor over links

You should start Firefox in Safe mode because it may be caused by an extension or theme. You can switch to Default theme and see that if this solves the problem or not. If work in safe mode then you have to disable your extensions. Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions or use the option in the Safe-mode window. Now start enabling them one by one till you find the one causing problem.
Old 18-09-2010

I have seen many cases which are having the same problem. Actually I don't know the exact solution for this but as far as I know , In many of the cases restarting the Firefox Window again will solve the issue. You should also restart your Firefox window and I think this will solve the issue kin your case also. Simply close and reopen it again Dont close and open Tabs close the entire window. Hope this will help you also.
Old 18-09-2010
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyrus View Post
In many of the cases restarting the Firefox Window again will solve the issue. You should also restart your Firefox window and I think this will solve the issue
Thank you for your reply my friend. I did the same as you told. I closed the entire window not the tabs. Reopened the window and It stopped blinking. I thought that the issue is gone. But after 20 to 30 minutes it again start blinking. Can you tell me any other solution for this?
Old 18-09-2010

There may be problem with the your extensions. It may not be installed properly. You should install the extensions like fire gestures, flashgot, fast dial, avg safe search and it should be in proper sequence. If it does not helped me then you should create a new profile and try to use Firefox from that profile. Try it out once and see whether it is working or not. It works in my case and I think it will work for for you also.
Old 18-09-2010

Hey, I was also having the same problem with my Firefox. I searched on internet for the solution and got many solutions. I tried many of them but it does not helped for me. After few days my one of my friend told me to press key F7 and guess what, it solves the problem. I think this will also help you in your case. I think this the better and the simplest way to solve the issue.
Old 21-09-2010

I think you have problem with your Firefox version. Download the latest version of Firefox and install it on your computer. You can search on internet for the latest version and if you find the newer version then you can download it. It will improve the performance of the browser. It will also solve the problem with your cursor.Just do it and it does not help then it will not harm your system anymore.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,