Thread: multiple instances of Norton Safety Minder running

Multiple instances of Norton Safety Minder running

I am having the Norton software called as Norton Safety Minder which is the parental control software. I have installed it in my computer and in the taskbar there are many Norton Safety Pawprint icons. During the Log off my computer and when the End Task is been selected then a message occurs that the Norton Safety Minder is not responding. So, I want to know how I could get prevent from getting this error on my computer during logging off.
    Last edited by Artificial-Intelligent; 18-09-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Re: multiple instances of Norton Safety Minder running

If your Norton Safety Minder software is not responding then you must be having any of the corrupted program files in your computer. As per my suggestion just go for the uninstall and then reinstall the Norton Safety Minder and this process can be done from the Add or Remove program in your control panel settings. It is the windows ways to remove the software of Norton antivirus in your computer.

In order to get solve with the problem of Norton Safety Minder you just uninstall it in your computer and reinstall it again. But sometimes it happens that all the files of the Norton software is not removes from your computer then just try to remove the Norton software by downloading the Norton Removable Tool and get it install. It will remove all the Norton software installed in your computer. So it will benefit you with the clean re-installation of Norton Safety Minder.

You are having the trouble that your Norton Safety Minder is not responding during the log off the computer. You can remove it by using the Norton Removal tool and then install it again. If it does not fix your problem then just go for the new download of the Norton Safety Minder because it seems that you must be having the corrupted software. So, just try out with the new software it might solve your problem.

If you have the bad or corrupted software which have the defected files of the software then it will gives you trouble in the working of the software. It seems the same problem in your case. So, I will recommend you to go for the fresh Norton Safety Minder which you can download from the official website of the Norton in the category of Online Family and then just go for selection on the Family Safety.

I am also having the Norton Safety Minder install in my computer and it on the automatic update. The problem is that when it comes to updating automatic it gets shut down and when i restart my computer it gives me the message upgrade your Norton Safety to the latest version. So, I need to know even though I am updating my Norton software but still getting the error of upgrading it.

In your case it seem that you are having virus problem in your computer which is not allowing you to update your Norton Safety Minder. So it is not a big issue just uninstall all the Norton Software from your computer as you might be not knowing which program file is corrupted so just remove it using the Norton Removal Tool and then make the clean installation of the latest version of Norton Safety Minder. After this you might be not facing the problem again.