Thread: Norton Ghost and Raid-0 partitions​, bootable restore-cd / partition

Norton Ghost and Raid-0 partitions​, bootable restore-cd / partition

I bought Norton Ghost 12 for my laptop vista home premium. No worries I install norton ghost on it, I create the system recovery disk to boot it and restore my disk.Believing that my license be used on 3 posts I think I install the same version on my desktop PC with vista home basic. No worries to create images of my partitions but my CB bootable boot. The problem comes from the fact that the restoration occurs under the boot CD NG and it simply does not see the new array. Nero Ghost in XP very well see the Raid 0. I searched the web extensively and opinions are contradictory. Please help.

Re: Norton Ghost and Raid-0 partitions​, bootable restore-cd / partition

It is impossible to create a system image in its own disk during operation. That would make calculations on X whose results depend very strongly on X, but with so many variables that the use of equations with multiple unknowns is impossible! It is therefore necessary to store this image somewhere else: another disk, CD .... But also,
    * either create an image from another system (linux, one Windows, MS-DOS)
    * or "lock" the system works: it can prevent other tasks in order that the data system are constantly modified and no "photocopiable"
    * either start directly on a CD or disk set to prevent the system works.

A system image (clone) is a clear pattern and immutable. To install an image on several different configurations, we must realize a base image then from a system with no drivers (or programs also, at least without the programs depend on the configuration). In charge then add the necessary drivers by configuration of each machine. No problem to make a system image-etchable-then change the settings and redo the system image. This is what I do.

This backup software good on Windows (XP/Vista/7 in 32 and 64 bits in each operating system compatible) with the possibility of compression, cropping the image to burn CDs, DVDs and Blu- ray disc (the images being divided according to the target media). It recognizes the file systems FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2, Ext3 and ReiserFS. Not only is it possible to schedule the backup but also to do an incremental backup. Only new or changed files will be taken into account since the previous backup.

You need to create the image as environmental system is also valid because, in addition to improved ergonomics, it saves another system (if multi-machine systems) but also to safeguard the system itself is used without having to restart. In the latter case, the software "lock" the system and it is strongly recommended not to use the machine for other tasks.

Remotely I installed the Ghost Console Client is EACH of the Windows systems on The Network. Create an invisible client installation Ghost Virtual Boot Partition On the system disk to Provide space for Ghost's PC-DOS boot environment and network drivers. This virtual boot partition lets Remotely restart, and restore image or the System, Without boot disks. However, it Requires a free primary slot In The partition table. In addition, the virtual partition IS incompatible With compressed drives is not supported and is spanned, striped or RAID 5 volumes. The lack of RAID support Raise Some Question regarding Ghost's server-level capabilities, goal Ghost has no problem cloning servers are running single-drive systems.