Thread: Installation Error: Norton Online Framework

Installation Error: Norton Online Framework

For my kids I have tried installing Norton Online Family on my computer. I do not know why but whenever I try installing that I receive a pop up telling that for Norton Online Family, you should have Norton Online Framework installed. I have tried searching this thing for me but I am unable to find this. Can you all here suggest me the place from where I can download that? I really need it installed as I need complete security for my children while they are surfing the internet. Please help.
    Last edited by ME-Mysha; 17-09-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Re: Installation Error: Norton Online Framework

You do not need to search for the framework any where else, actually the framework that you are talking about comes embedded in the installer itself. I think that you must have not downloaded the installer properly, otherwise you would have not received the message as such. I would suggest you to download the installer again from the place you downloaded it first and then go forward with the installation.

Norton Online Family, is the best way with which kids can be kept safe online. It provides parents along with the children a perfect protection when dealing on the internet. This feature not only protects but also monitors the children so they may not accidentally get caught on the infected sites. It allows parents to have a watchful eye on their kids. Also it allows the parents to see how much time are the kids spending on the internet? and while being on the internet what are they doing? Just follow the instructions given by Milton.J. I think that this should probably solve all your queries.

Well I am also having the same problem with Norton. I have rather tried hard to install Norton Safety Minder, but could not succeed in installing this stuff. I always receive Norton Online Framework installation error, whenever I make an attempt for it. This feature was working well before but now it has stopped working as well. On my system I have Windows 7 and it was running well, I do not see any thing wrong from Windows perspective. Please help.

Also having the same problem with the installation of Norton Safety Minder. I have also tried the un-installation/re-installation process many times, but could not find a solution. I have also tried reloading the original N360 several times, but this too could not help in installing the Norton Safety Minder. Please can you all tell me what could be the possible solution to this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

I think I can bring joy to all the query-makers of this thread. I have found a fix for all of you there. One of my friend was also having the same issue. He was having Windows 7 and Norton 360, and he was able to get the stuff work on his system. I would share with you what he did exactly:
    • First of all, he uninstalled N360.
    • After the uninstallation he restarted the system.
    • Then, he went into the C:\Program Files and deleted the remains of Symantec and Norton Folders.
    • He then restarted the PC, and installed the fresh copy of N360.
    • After all these, he downloaded Norton Safety Minder from Norton Family and go with the installation process.

I do not know how much it will help you all and to what extent, but it simply worked for him. Hope the sane for you as well.