Thread: Definitions offline update gives Symantec Email Proxy error

Definitions offline update gives Symantec Email Proxy error

I bought a Norton internet security that I installed without problem, except after several months of not using my computer, I cannot update it, and I cannot get the news list definition new viruses. After some time I have got all the updates and tried to install that on my system. Everything was going fine but after completing the update system started giving problem. It started to frequently crashing, and it is also giving email proxy error. I do not what is the root cause for this problem but need to know the solution for this problem.

Re: Definitions offline update gives Symantec Email Proxy error

I too have the same problem it gives me every time, read error 1806, then read 1821. I tried everything with no solution, what I managed to do is to update the virus definitions Symantec directly on the site. At least I know my pc is clean. Otherwise if you have the Norton cd, you can at least uninstall and reinstall. Good luck because I cannot take anything other than Norton.

Well, initially we have to see if the license has not expired, because after a year of use, you must pay for a new license. For my part, I dropped NAV. like many elsewhere, is a sieve, and sensitive to "retro-virus". I am currently working with Kaspersky, which is at the top level AV. AH and above. I am very happy, after trying other programs. I do not cheat RE-license my program. After a year I take the latest version, which does not cost much more. I hope that this will help you.

I think I found the cause of error messages such as what it does not want to update a particular component. If you encounter this problem and you are in multi-session, i.e. I have solved the problem by disabling the service terminal server which in my case can "switch users" (The only disadvantage for this thing is that now I cannot switch users but for me it is not a serious problem. Right click on desktop > Manage > Services > Terminal Service server and then disable it wholesale by accessing "Computer Management" you will find the Terminal Service server.

I have a Fujitsu laptop with vista home. While download from Apple the latest version of iTunes. Download for some reason is not 'went well (unfortunately I was not there and I just found an error msg that I have not given importance) and this 'and what' happened: - The network is Norton shows two errors that cannot be corrected with a message. Symantec email proxy is not 'able to scan the e-mail since the network is not' properly configured. Note that two days ago I re-configured my system and altered the systems wireless network by changing it unprotected password protected. The network has worked well over the 3 client’s home for about one week, with frequent access. But now it is giving unknown authentication service. I just want get rid of this problem.

I also in the similar situation, I discovered that the "event log of Windows" is not 'active, if I try to activate it I get the error "unable to start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer" Error 1747: Unknown authentication service. Restore the system error: Cannot complete system restore. Access is denied. (0x800700005). I run cmd.exe with administrator permission (although I have already) and with Ctr + shift + that can execute it directly as an administrator from the root of the system32 and then Netsh winsock reset. In this case I get an error: Unable to start the initialization function in InitHelper.dll

I can no longer connect to the internet. I have a notebook and a link Olidata Tehom 7600 alice wi-fi and I think after a defrag Registry is not able to connect to the internet but I connect to the wireless network that is I cannot physically connect to the internet but the wireless network because I can in the wizard tells me that it cannot create the connection. I will be seeking related reply.