Thread: Norton Safety Minder time restrictions workaround

Norton Safety Minder time restrictions workaround

Hi, my son has found a way around the Norton Internet Security 10 safety minder time limits so that my son can use his computer system anytime he likes which defeat the object of the software. Actually he is wants to try it out and log on at the time of restriction while his computer system is running which afterword gives him a notice that will be log off directly from the Norton or will gives him a little seconds to call up the following. He waits at very final minute before powers reverts to the Windows log on page, right click the safety minder icon. Without shutting down or cancelling the window application, he has not considered this window and a shift it to switch off the screen and out of sight and continues to do what he wants. He is a standard user with no administrative rights. I have gone for the Norton support but it has not help me out from this problem, the first and second operatives deems it to be too difficult and the third one is initiating to a remote re-install which I could have done anyhow. The previous version of Norton Safety Minder did not allow this since seem to recall that the screen was locked when the disable safety window came up; the current version doesn't seem to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Norton Safety Minder time restrictions workaround

I have also faced the same problem but the thing is that the issue of investigating is going on, and really the performance of Norton is very difference from version 2.0 to version 1.2. Now you can go for the time you want to try the "caution" mode which will help you to not log him out from the Application software. Possibly you could use to alert the signal that he is over time.

Thanks you,
    For the information and suggestion which you have given to me. Is it will be the understandable when a fresh amended version of Norton is released? Or just a case of inspection the Symantec website every so often. can i predict that the new version will help me out from this problem.

The Norton Online Family product will update the Anti-virus Norton Safety Minder without human intervention and instrument on monitored your computers system. To make sure about the updation you can go through the official site of the Norton or if you have the most recent version you can select to the monitored computer system and click on Norton Safety Minder paw in the tray and chose the option "About Norton Safety Minder". This must show the most recent version as of the newest version 2.0.0.x

Hi, I have experience the same problem of the software after that I have upgraded the 2.0.0.x. My daughter is being timed out even when there is no use of the system. We can able the choose the option to "Count only the amount of time??? Actively uses the computer" but it was not working. We can chose the option "Report the activity" for now so that they don't get blocked out.