Thread: Can you Boot Norton Ghost 15 from USB?

Can you Boot Norton Ghost 15 from USB?

I have recently purchased Norton Ghost 15 in my office so that we can copy hard drive to other computers in the office .can i boot Norton Ghost 15 from my USB pen and clone over TCP/IP (Network) to the other machine in my office because machines are not having the cd/dvd drives? please suggest me the way in which it can be possible.

Re: Can you Boot Norton Ghost 15 from USB?

If your system can boot from a USB drive and you can do this if you are running Vista or Windows 7 on your machine you can boot norton ghost 15 using usb , you need to prepare the drive for it then it will work fine. You don't have to robocopy for copying the file, after you connect usb to machine and the flash drive is prepared to work all you have to do is just extract all the files out from the .iso to the flash drive. In this way you can work.

You can only do it on one computer at a time. You are able to restore your Sysprep'd image to the computer in which you want to boot from the usb drive. It will be easy to place the image on single external hard drive and not on the whole network. so it is better if you boot for single machine.

If you try this it will be a multi-cast where you are pushing out the image at once to many systems, it can be like multiple user copying the same file from the network here the limitation is the bandwidth of the network.you are able to pull the fask drive and boot in another system when the recovery disk is loaded in RAM.But you can go for external drive which will be the faster mode to do the same, also if you are using the usb which is have large space you can also store the image.

To boot Norton Ghost 15 from my USB pen and clone over TCP/IP (Network) to the other machine you can try to use the USB(using the Grub Method) Booting to ISO. which can help you to boot the norton ghost to other system also. so you can go for this solution or you can check out for more on this problem on the official company website.