Thread: Norton 360 disabled Fax - How do I get this back

Norton 360 disabled Fax - How do I get this back

Friends, I have a basic computer which I use for my office work. I have to insert pendrive in it to transfer the data. I wanted to make my my computer safe and therefore I installed Norton 360 in it. There is no problem with antivirus. It is doing its work of scanning the system properly. but it has disabled all the hardware attached to it like Fax, Printer,Scanner, Cd Drive. They were working fine before installing this. Can you tell me what may be the problem and how can I resolve it?

Re: Norton 360 disabled Fax - How do I get this back

You should uninstall or remove Norton 360. It seems that your antivirus setup have some problem and which is creating the issue. After uninstalling the Norton 360 you should go to the registry and remove high and low filters from it. I have not seen this problem before on any computer. you can try this and see whether it solves your problem or not. I think this will solve the problem.

Hey, This not only you who is facing the problem.I am also having the same issue. I tried the above solution you have given and got the issue solved to some extends. I mean all the other hardware started working after this but the Fax machine is also having the same problem. What may be the problem with it. Do you have any other solution to get out of this issue?

As you told that above posted solution has solved the issue for all the other devices but your printer is still not working. So what I think is you have problem with your Fax machine. You should test your printer with some other computer and see whether it is working or not. According to me there is more chances that your Fax machine only have the problem.

There may be problem with your Fax driver. You should check for the driver. Uninstall the driver and reinstall it again. Reboot the machine and see whether it is working or not. If it is not working again then you should search for the latest driver for the Fax and if it is available then download it and install it. Reboot your system and check for the Fax. I think this will solve the issue.