Thread: Norton 360 v3 Live Update not working. "Not all of the updates were successful​."

Norton 360 v3 Live Update not working. "Not all of the updates were successful​."

I am having problem with my Norton 360 v3. I am using Norton 360 v3 from last 10 months and never got any problem with it. But from last two days I am facing some problem with this. It is about about days from, virus definition is expired.I ran Live Update but after a few minutes it ends the update process by showing the message that "Not all the updates were successful." I have a dial up internet connection, is that is the problem? Please post your suggestion. I don't want my PC to be formatted.

Re: Norton 360 v3 Live Update not working. "Not all of the updates were successful​."

You should check the date and time of you computer system. You should check that it is correct or not. After correcting the date time setting again run the Live Update. I hope this time it will update properly. If you have active subscription for Norton 360 then you can upgrade to the latest version. You can find Norton 360 4.0 on Symantec Web site. I hope this will help you in any way.

Re: Norton 360 v3 Live Update not working. "Not all of the updates were successful​."

You should try intelligent updater. Search on internet and download it to your computer. It is around 80 MB file. Once you have downloaded it correctly then you have to install it. You can use this software to update the antivirus. I was also getting the same issue and in my case it solved the problem. It should work in your case also.

There may be problem with your Norton 360. I think it is not functioning properly. May be some of the files may be corrupted. You should uninstall the antivirus software and reboot your system. When your computer starts again then dont open any application. Reinstall the antivirus again and try to run the Live Update and I think this time it will update properly. If not then you can download a fresh copy from internet and install it.

I am also facing the same problem which is very frustrating. I have tried all possible solution but I am able to solve the problem and at last I have accepted the fact that there is no solution for this problem. Now I am thinking to switch to some other antivirus because I can not let my PC without antivirus or with outdated antivirus. If you have any perfect solution for it then please post it otherwise I have to go for the second idea.

It may also be problem with your Windows because Windows also have many problems of its own. It may not allow the antivirus to download certain files. Or there may be some virus in your system and the antivirus is not able to detect the virus and it may cause this problem. You should try above solutions and if it does not worked for you then you should reinstall your operating system and this will fix the issue if it is related to virus.