Thread: Norton 360 4.0 and internet connection problem

Norton 360 4.0 and internet connection problem

It is been three weeks that I no longer internet connection . This was because of norton . I uninstall them to put another anti virus may remain always in my control panel in May when I wants to deleted it tell me that file is not found so it is no longer in my computer and since I ' is an internet connection . I am running vista. Please help. Thanks you.

Re: Norton 360 4.0 and internet connection problem

It should uninstall everything with a special tool , NRT . If after using this tool, the connection does not work, you must do with the ISP . Uninstall using NRT : 1. Download Norton Removal Tool. On the Windows desktop , double-click the icon Norton Removal Tool . 3. Follow the instructions on the screen. The computer can be rebooted several times and you may be asked to repeat some steps after the restart.

I have good contact at symantec and for your problem they gave me the following steps to follow:

1. Start Norton 360
    2. on Tasks and Settings
    3. Click Change advanced settings
    4. Settings firewall.
    5. Under the tab General Rules firewall, at the bottom click Add . The window " Add Rule "appears and you select Enable and click OK- > Connections to and from -> Next -> Only the computers and sites listed below -> Add - > Enter the IP address of other computer -> OK - > Next -> Next -> Next -> Next -> Finish.

It would appear that your PC is suffering from a spyware / malware , maybe more. Redirecting the browser to open is a sign that does not disappoint . You must in general avoid toolbars that are embedded in the browser , it adds nothing good. The bar Norton is the only that is justified. You should know that Norton Antivirus slowed the operation of programs on your pc , is not reliable because there are viruses , spyware, trojan horse , which passes through the net and create crashes in rehearsals.

Norton Internet Security 360 4.0 is a product generally unnecessary and may even be dangerous. Windows Vista has a native way of a firewall embedded enough effective for home use , it is unnecessary to add another. In terms of antivirus , there are a whole bunch of solutions far more powerful than Norton, even among free solutions. do not know Vista, but I think this is a problem of administrator and leave test this panel config / user accounts / then disable the User Account Control. Look at this link or norton was deleted vista.

Norton 360 4.0 provides advanced security without slowing you down. Works faster and uses less memory than competition with the programs, so as not to sacrifice performance security . Take performance Challenge and see for yourself. atomatically detects botnets to avoid hackers to take control of your PC access your private information. Alerts you of websites dangerous and suspicious sellers so you can shop without worries. Valid authentic sites and identify fraudulent sites to protect against "phishing ".

It is true that Norton is very resource hungry and it does enormously slow down the system . But to be squarely planted Internet connection is not normal. I think we should start by cleaning the house . Maybe there are files of Norton 360 which are in conflict with Norton 2010. The precise that I installed the add-on pack for monitoring the advertising and anti spam. But the problem is the same as I go to the session director who booked on his PC.