Thread: Norton 360 V3.0 File Sharing Problems

Norton 360 V3.0 File Sharing Problems

I had 3 PC in network and was having the ZoneAlarm on it then I replaced the Norton 360 v3.0 antivirus on one of the PC. The other 2 computer used to work in the proper manner like to use the share printer on the Norton PC . The Norton Pc can read and write the files from the other 2 computer but the 2 other PC are not able to open the shared files which are on Norton PC its gives an error that the folder name is not accessible. When I remove the Norton the it used to work in the proper manner and when put again in the PC then the same problem occurs again. The Symantec collects all the log files which are not working for the investigate and it shows the message that it will sent the report via email but nothing help me out. So, anyone can help me to get fix with my problem.

Re: Norton 360 V3.0 File Sharing Problems

I was facing the same problem and followed some steps to get rid with this problem. First. start the Norton 360 and then click on the setting and then click on the My Network then go into the configure devices and then try to find out the other network computer and when you will find it then just select it. then you will find the network devices with the other network computer you just need to select then and click on the Edit option and change it to full trust then just click on the OK and close the window.

If you are done with the clear setting in the Norton antivirus and still having the problem persist in your system then you should make sure that the firefall detting is done properly. You just make sure that you check out the traffic rules in the firewall in your computer and also keep the look that the Windows File Sharing is set to allow. If this is not set to allow then the sharing of the files and folder will not be accessible. So, first check out the basic check out of the Norton antivirus setting and then go for the firewall setting.

I am also having the problem in my computer with network sharing with the installation of the Norton antivirus. Then I uninstall the previous windows and then reinstall the new latest windows 7 in my computer and then install the Norton 360 in my system then i tried with the network setting and provided it with the necessary authentication for the network to share it with the other computer in the network. This help me to solve my problem so even you might get solve with your problem.

It seems you must be having the problem with the firewall setting because of which you are not able to do the file sharing properly. So when I install the Norton and after installing the just disable your firewall and enable it again. Then you have to get the firewall setting done properly by enabling the correct option in the firewall and then at last allow the computer to share the files.