Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Norton 360 on Windows 7 - Action Centre reports Firewall, spyware, and anti-virus turned off

Networking & Security

Old 17-09-2010

Norton 360 on Windows 7 - Action Centre reports Firewall, spyware, and anti-virus turned off

I am having an Acer NetBook on which there are two anti virus softwares. One is the Norton 360 which is great and another one is a trial version of the McAfee. Suddenly Action Centre Flag came up saying that the Norton has been turned off, then i am not able to turn it back on. Now norton says that my computer is safe and an Action Centre says all is off. Whom to believe now?

Old 17-09-2010

Re: Norton 360 on Windows 7 - Action Centre reports Firewall, spyware, and anti-virus turned off

The symptom about which yuo are talking here seems to be the causing due to the virus on your system. I suggest you to scan you whole hard drive and remove all the detected viruses out of it and then you may check about the same issue. If there are no viruses then you should disable any one of them (better you disable the trial version) then scan your system.
Old 17-09-2010

Re: Norton 360 on Windows 7 - Action Centre reports Firewall, spyware, and anti-virus turned off

I think this is a problem which generates when two anti virus softwares conflicts with each other. I think you have to use any one of them on the same machine. It would be anyday better to use the full version of an anti virus so that you can secure your computer system in more ways. But make sure that after uninstalling the McAfee Trial, you scan your system at least once. Actually it is not mandatory but it is recommended.
Old 17-09-2010

I guess McAfee trial version would be running some script with it which would be not letting other anti virus software to work properly. I suggest you to uninstall the McAfee completely from your system then you must check that Norton works as per the expectations or not. If not then try to use it after reinstalling it?
Old 21-09-2010

I have provided the link to download the Avast anti virus which is also good to secure your windows machine but make sure that you have to update this software time to time so that it would be having all the latest informations about the viruses which might not be cured if you do not update it. Click on an AVAST to download it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,