Thread: How come i can't update my Norton 360 to Norton Internet Security 2011

How come i can't update my Norton 360 to Norton Internet Security 2011

Friends, I tried to update my Norton 360 with Norton Live update but I failed to do that and it aborts the updating process by saying that I have installed the latest version of Norton. What is the problem? Why I am not able to update it? Is there any other way to do this or I have to wait for new Norton 360 to come out?

And also tell me that How can ?I auto update Norton 360?

Thank you.

Re: How come i can't update my Norton 360 to Norton Internet Security 2011

My friend, I know the reason behind this. I would like to tell you can not update to another product from one product. You can do that also but you have to replace you Norton 360 with Norton Internet security 2011. This is the only possible solution to your problem. And if you want to replace your antivirus then you have to purchase it. I hope I have given you the clear idea that why you are not able to update your Norton 360.

If you have valid subscription for your Norton 360 then you can update it. But the only thing is that you have to wait for the the next version of the Norton 360. After release of next version of the Norton 360 you will be able to update your Norton 360 Antivirus. Otherwise you can download the Norton Internet Security from internet and install it. This will be the best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakchiuma View Post

And also tell me that How can ?I auto update Norton 360?
    The term Auto update means it will start updating itself whenever you are connected to internet. This will not ask you for your permission and you will not have to do the manual update. You should go to Task and Settings and there you will find an choice to Check for Updates. This uses the live update feature. I hope this is the one you are talking about.

You should search for update file on internet and if it is available then you can download it and install it on your computer. You can also search for intelligent updater on internet and download it. install this software. This will help you to update your Antivirus. I was also getting the same problem but this is the software which helped me to get out of that and I m sure that it will help you too.

I was also having the same issue a few months back and wondering for the solution. I found that the solution for this was straight forward. The issue was with Live Update. Remove it from your system and install it again. Once you install this then you should reboot the system and go to control panel enable auto update with Live Update. Try this and it will solve the problem.

You can do the following to do that.
    1. Open the Norton window.
    2. Go to the tasks > setting.
    3. Select change advance setting.
    4. On the right of the page you will see the topic: Automatic Norton 360 update. click on that and it will automatically update the antivirus whenever you are connected to the internet.