Thread: Comparing Norton Safe Web lite vs Norton DNS

Comparing Norton Safe Web lite vs Norton DNS

Just here to have a little discussion on Norton Safe Web Lite and Norton DNS. I do not know much about these but would be happy to get the solution if possible from the members of this forums. I just want to have a distinction between them. I have found some of them saying that DNS is better while some of them falling on the other side of the road. Please contribute to this discussion. Thanks.

Re: Comparing Norton Safe Web lite vs Norton DNS

According to me, there is no hardly any difference between the Norton safe web lite and the Norton DNS. Both of them provide a good and somewhat an equal amount of security on the internet. However the present Norton safe lite is good, it warns you whenever you come across a website that is infected or has a malicious file or content. After seeing this the users avoid clicking on them, so just use the Norton safe web lite.

For the answer I have seen a video on the Youtube and there I have seen the comparison between these two. There was not much explanation there but the punch line of the video was that Norton Safe Web Lite will inform the user that a particular site is dangerous but cannot restrict them from downloading that infected file. On the other part Norton DNS will block that site once and for all. So, from the security point of view I think that Norton DNS, will be a good option to go with. I do not have much information regarding DNS but if you want you can get information about the Web Safe Lite by clicking here. Hope that this will be helpful for the discussion.

Norton Safe Web Lite is a free URL-checking software made by Symantec. Norton Safe Web Lite actually tries checking links that are displayed in search results from the search engines. There is no restriction that the search engine should be of Google, Yahoo, or Bing. It alerts the user that if visited to any of this maybe unsafe. It just warns the user but can not restrict the user from downloading the file.

On the basis of the Domain Name System the Norton DNS has been launched. It acts as an Internet’s invisible switchboard. It provides a much safer, more reliable, and much faster Internet surfing capability. At the same time it also gives a variety of basic protection services like anti-phishing, anti-malware and anti-spyware. Yes it also blocks the site if it finds the site containing any sort of infected file so that user may not download the file even accidentally. I will give my thumbs up to this one without giving a second thought.