Thread: Norton 360 V2 Uninstall hanging

Norton 360 V2 Uninstall hanging

I had bought and installed Norton 360 in excess of a week ago. I encompass Vista Ultimate w/ the entire updates functional. Well, I started having difficulty w/ Virus/Spyware scans "hanging"/stalling each time I tried it. Subsequent to 2 discussions w/ their hold up and maintain folks, I ended basically uninstalling the program and premeditated to re-install. Well, I downloaded the Norton Removal Tool software, restarted, obliterate several residual Symantec/Norton files, and went to re-download my setup file from Symantec. The Norton/Symantec download administrator reserved telling me there was a correlation error, so I contacted Symantec the entire in excess of again. The innovative guy gave me a trial download to install, in which I would basically enter my product key. At present, the installation hangs/stalls at the "LiveUpdate" stage.

Re: Norton 360 V2 Uninstall hanging

It resonance to me similar to you are a beta tester for Norton /ZA is in present closed beta phase for vista, do not anticipate it too soon (my wild guess of cause) contain you considered a reinstall of vista, resonance to me similar to something is previously screwed up here. Then try the entire in excess of again. I had ZoneAlarm Pro and Kaspersky. I updated to Vista, and I required a firewall. I have by no means beta-tested a thing in my life.

I determine to say that I had bought an innovative hard drive and execute a clean install of Vista Ultimate. I took the prospect to upgrade my PC at that point, so there was no preceding XP installation that was "patched over." I imagine Tolomir predestined that you are an 'involuntary' Beta Tester for Norton. Not certain where you read several 'good' reviews regarding several Norton/Symantec products, additional than these pages are full of tribulations by means of OS interference. I am working with Vista by means of AVAST. Free AV and using the native (and effectual) firewall and preventions of Vista. What is it that you imagine Norton determine to give you that you cannot get for free (or contained in your Vista).

I myself used to be a dedicated Norton user (I have Norton Antivirus and Personal Firewall for years) in anticipation of I grew tired of the entire the error communication I would get connecting that dreaded ccApp program. (Anyway, I had determined to go w/ 2 personality items - Kaspersky AV and ZoneAlarm Pro firewall additional than I started having download tribulations (downloads would "hang" until I would put out of action ZA Pro). Anyway, when I got Vista, I was sad to see ZA had not come approximately yet. Not convinced in Windows Firewall's capability, I set out to search for a sanctuary suite for my shiny innovative rig. I occurred upon superior review subsequent to review of Norton 360, so I decided to make use of it.

I used to be the prevalent supporter Norton had. Method too numerous tribulations for the past more than a few years though. The sanctuary characteristics of Vista are attractive impressive even when you are logged on as an Administrator and trying to do impressive legit. My standard Vista account has no privs and I run AVAST, a 'hosts' re-director program, and MS Defender. It is associated to the Internet 24/7 and I am extremely active by means of it.

How such a apparently multifarious situation be able to be solved by one simple hit it off is amazing Turns out the entire the tribulations I was having (well, have not been capable to test the virus scan hanging problem yet) were rectified basically by enabling User Account Control in Vista. For a number of reason, by means of UAC turned off the program it seems that does not be familiar with how to "ask" for authorization. When it gets to a point where user authorization would be required or authentication was essential, it might not prompt me, so it immediately sat there and spun its wheels.

For this you have to go to the 'Support' Zone and open a innovative query (0 points). Cut and paste the URL of this query and inquire for this to be 'closed by means of refund' due to answering your have possession of query. Saw the military background in your user profile much appreciation to you for the whole thing you have completed. Regrettably, the "sgt" basically signifies my first, middle, and last initials no rank or no matter which. I essentially extensively pondered going into the Navy for a superior at the same time as for my health profession, additional than decided against it.

you need to properly uninstall norton 360 before attempting to reinstall it. compared to other applications, i know it's quite difficult to get rid of norton 360 so you need to download that special removal tool from symantec. If you have difficulty doing so, read this guide on how do you uninstall norton 360