Thread: Norton 360 toolbar not compatible with firefox 3.5

Norton 360 toolbar not compatible with firefox 3.5

I have recently updated my Mozilla Firefox browser to its latest version which is 3.5. I want to ask you guys that does this version of Firefox support for the Norton's IPS & Toolbar. I have tried to use it but it was not working. Is incompatibility issue or something else. Please help me as this plug ins much important for me.

Re: Norton 360 toolbar not compatible with firefox 3.5

even i am having the same issue on my Windows vista computer system on which its been four years that i am using the Mozilla Firefox browser. I was happily using the Norton Add on with this browser but since i have upgraded the version of this browser then it is not working. Then i have tried to update the Norton as well but latest version of the Norton as well does work with this browser.

I have confirmed about this incompatibility issue of the Norton add ons with the firefox browser and have found from the norton itself as they said that the new version of the norton that is NIS 2010 does no include the updates regrading the IPS and Norton Toolbar. So they are not there to be compatible with the firefox browser but they are working on it and it would be out soon.

This problem cannot be solved as there is nothing about which you might be going wrong as there is nothing like virus on your system which might not be letting your browser to support the norton plugins. Norton have not provided these features in its new version and they are gonna release it soon. So all we can do is just waiting for it.

I suggest you to use some other antivirus untill Norton provides the next half update. You may use Avast Anti Virus. I have provided the link from where you can download an Avast Anti Virus which is just great to secure your windows machine. make sure that you keep on updating this software after some time so that it can have information about the latest viruses as well.