Thread: Norton Safe Web: Unable to verify webpage

Norton Safe Web: Unable to verify webpage

I want my web page to get qualified for the Norton Safe Web. In my case I have an office live page for me. The only thing that is troubling me here is that I can not find a place to put the meta tags or html. Can anyone here help me to figure this out. I really want to do this, please suggest me something related to this guys.

Re: Norton Safe Web: Unable to verify webpage

Well I am here not for the web page, instead I am little worried about my website. I am little worried about the verification. I have tried a lot to verify the site but it can not be verified. I have tried all the methods from various forums but could not help myself with this. I do not know if there is a problem with the meta tag of mine. Please suggest me some solutions. I do not want to walk from here with disappointment from here. Can someone please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajabu View Post
    Well I am here not for the web page, instead I am little worried about my website. I am little worried about the verification. I have tried a lot to verify the site but it can not be verified. I have tried all the methods from various forums but could not help myself with this. I do not know if there is a problem with the meta tag of mine. Please suggest me some solutions. I do not want to walk from here with disappointment from here. Can someone please help me?
    You are not able to get the website verified by the Norton Safe Web, am I right? If that is the case then you can search about this problem in a separate section of this forum, where the discussion was on. I think you will get a much better and relative solution for yourself. If you can not get the section, you can go there simply by clicking here.

Yes the problem may be because of or in the meta tag. You have to be watchful while copying or inserting the string. There should not be any extra characters inserted, not even the spaces or formatting characters. It totally depends on the editing tool that you are using. So, after the copy/insert do make sure that it exactly matches the original information. I think while you are inserting the information for the meta tag something extra is also getting inserted. Please take a look at this too.

As far as I know, you will not be able to upload the HTML file to the root directory and the main problem that will cause this problem is MS Office Live itself. You can try adding the code instead to the meta tag of the web page. If you want to make use of the automated verification process with a meta tag the only way is to create a new meta tag. The custom tag can be created very easily. All you need to do is, open the meta tag creator tool. After this enter the meta tag name, it should be: norton-safeweb-site-verification. Now after this for the content you will have to copy and paste the 128-character authentication code. When you are done this, then click OK and Save the page. Let me know when you have completed this. Hope that this will assist you a bit.

Now I have become restless, I am really fed-up with this. I can not help it anymore. I am really finding this very exhaustive. Is there any other way in which I can do it automatically. This thing is really taking toll on me. I have tried each and every other possibility, but can not help it. Is there any Safe Web Team? If yes should I ask there help in this matter? Well by the way thanks a lot for the replies and the support that you all gave me here.