Thread: Norton 360 V3 / Norton Toolbar 3.5 / Norton IPS 1.0 / Firefox 3.0.8

Norton 360 V3 / Norton Toolbar 3.5 / Norton IPS 1.0 / Firefox 3.0.8

I have running Windows XP Professional SP3 on my computer and i have installed the Norton V2. There is small white blank window opened as a firefox browser. When i maximize it then there is no content in the window. Is it resulting due to FireFox Pre-loader? What is happening to my norton as i am not getting any idea that what this windows opens for and what would be the content inside it which is not visible to me.

Re: Norton 360 V3 / Norton Toolbar 3.5 / Norton IPS 1.0 / Firefox 3.0.8

I have seen this kind of problem in my windows vista machine when i was using Norton V2 but when i upgraded my security software's version to the V3 then this problem was no more there. I think Norton does not want their users to stay out of an Error Factor. Each time i start the machine then i am getting the dialog box saying that two add ons have installed namely Norton Toolbar and IPS. What is this, Is it virus?

I have seen the same problem on my Windows 7 machine but an only difference is that i am not getting any message like this but when i try to uninstall the plug ins of Mozilla Firefox then it does not allow to do that. There is no enabled button for doing this. So i just disabled it, still it does not works as it enables itself at each reboot.

I have many many users having the same problems about their Norton 360 V3, Norton Toolbar 3.5, Norton IPS 1.0 etc etc. Evrerybody is screaming about the plug ins which are not getting deleted. I think the problem seems to be from the Norton itself as they would be enabling these add ons from their side. I suggest you to disconnect and internet and then disable the add on. Now check on reboot that it enables itself or not.

The program will be uninstalled. And a message is displayed in the dialog box you usually that the module will be uninstalled when Firefox is restarted. You get a second chance at this point to cancel the process if you have had some doubts or are unsure. If you are absolutely certain, then close and restart Firefox. You have uninstalled the addon should now be anywhere from be seen. If you have a lot of add-ons to remove, and that may involve many restarts, you may need to download a module that allows you to make a restart quickly with a single click . And once you're done, you can delete this addon too!

By simply removing those you do not need no help. This will not move in the memory leak problem either way. I'm watching FF memory usage in the Task Manager for the moment and it is creeping cons 157,988... 161,568... it's weird. I hear they have not fixed that in the Version 3. This can't be solves until and unless you remove it from the whole Norton from your system.

I have a similar / same problem. Firefox forgets after a reboot the changes in the AddOn - range (updates, status (enabled / disabled), etc. of the individual addon's). Firefox, I would like to simply exclude times. Also, the tip with the new patch profile (same behavior as in old) brings no improvement. Unfortunately, there seems no Updatelog Norton 360 release, in which one could perform the last update (date, module version) to. My Norton reports the IPS version 1.0 (should not that be 2.0: brooding and Toolbar 3.7.2. Live updates have now been initiated several times by hand: without success for the above prob.