Thread: Norton Safe Web, Unable to make meta tag work to verify site ownership

Norton Safe Web, Unable to make meta tag work to verify site ownership

I have a website of mine. I always get a message saying that the "Verification of the Ownership of the Website has failed". I do not know why this happens, it says that that I need to copy the meta tag on the website's homepage. I have done this thing also, on my home page I have included the meta tag, but then also it gives me the same message again and again. When I go to see the source code of the home page, however I can see the meta tag placed at the proper position. Can someone here can help me with this. Please.

Re: Norton Safe Web, Unable to make meta tag work to verify site ownership

I would suggest you to go for the owner ship verification of your site with Norton's Safe Web. In order to do so you will need to copy the meta tag on the home page of the website. You need to paste the meta tag in the <head> section, this head section should be before the very first <body> section. If you are finding any difficulty with this then you can go for the tutorial How to add meta keyword and description tags to a site? Hope that this will help you. Happy to help always.

Well thanks for the reply. I was very happy to have a respond from the other side. In my previous post I have already mentioned that when I went to see the the source code of the Home Page I have found that there is no problem with the placing of the meta tag. Now you have asked me to go with the Norton Safe Web, when I tried this it gives me two options saying that if I want to submit the Web site for ownership verification I will have to do one from the following:
    • Copy the following meta tag and paste it into your Web site's home page.
      <meta name="norton-safeweb-site-verification" content="xxbboif8gumohefu91kq42owo9tzohczg7yqcen7o ramvqc6uh2n8xs4opn54w4jzm82kjqknz3hdq7zl57rux1jbpg tcj6p99pacfy8lfee6u7x-jqn9zkd5i5f0tg4" />
    • Create a file with the following file name and content:
      File name: nortonsw_11c3fe40-ea9b-0.html
      File content: xxbboif8gumohefu91kq42owo9tzohczg7yqcen7oramvqc6uh 2n8xs4opn54w4jzm82kjqknz3hdq7zl57rux1jbpgtcj6p99pa cfy8lfee6u7x-jqn9zkd5i5f0tg4

And then add this file at the root folder of your Web site.

I am now getting mad with this, any other suggestion?

What you have told is correct. In your case I can not find any flaw, but you can try seeing this. You need to be little careful while copying or inserting the string. No extra characters should be inserted, including spaces or formatting characters. It totally depends on the editing tool that you are using. Sop, after the copy/insert do make sure that it exactly matches the original information. I think while you are inserting the information for the meta tag something extra is also getting inserted. Please take a look at this too.

Did you try uploading the file to the root directory? If you however did then this should have not been updated in the straight way. It takes some time for the updation. I would suggest you to wait for few days or even weeks so that it can be updated. Though the site ownership may be manually verified then it is submitted for the analysis. The initial evaluation process may take about 2 weeks. Have patience.

You are facing a lot of problem with the meta tag. Why do not you all try to create a custom tag instead. All you need to do is, first open the meta tag creator tool. After this you need to enter the meta tag name, do enter the name correctly, it should be: norton-safeweb-site-verification. Now for the content you will have to copy and paste the 128-character authentication code. Now save the new meta tag on your home page and then upload this page. I think that this should do the business.