Thread: Norton 360 V2 problem of opening chat session

Norton 360 V2 problem of opening chat session

I have many program that chat session will not open, I click OK then it puts me runtime error 440. When I try to open mozilla it gives me : Report, Firefox has encountered a problem and crashed. We will try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts , and impossible open it and when I want to open internet explorer an error message appears saying Internet explorer access function. I am using Norton 360 V2. Please help.

Re: Norton 360 V2 problem of opening chat session

Check the steps:
    1.Start Norton 360.
    2. In the upper right corner , click Help & SupportThen click Support. Norton 360 checks whether your PC is connected to the Internet. A connection to the support site of Symantec ensures that the latest troubleshooting information is available to help you solve your problem .
    3. Click Start Support Session. The support for Norton 360 will attempt to detect and correct any problems in Norton 360.
    4. If the support for Norton 360 can not detect any problems with the program, click Continue.
    5. A list of common problems , categorized by the type and nature of the problem , will be displayed. In the list, click any option that best describes your situation. Follow the steps to fix the problem.
    6. You can also click Search to search a database of Norton 360.
    7. If you can not correct the problem, or if the problem persists even after following the steps, click Contact Us.
    8.Select the option that best suits you to contact us

You need to add a rule filtering
    1. Start Norton 360.
    2. Click Tasks & Settings > Change advanced settings > Protection settings for Firewall.
    3. Tab General Rules of the firewall , click Add.
    4. Click Allow or Block according to the rule you want to create, then click Next.
    5. Specify the traffic direction that you want to apply to this rule.

You need to specify the protocol and ports to which to apply this rule. Select the desired protocol in the list. To apply this rule to all ports ( default option ) , select All types of communication (all ports , local and remote ) , then click Next.To select specific ports to which to apply this rule , select only the types of communications or ports listed below, click on AddAnd select the method with which to specify a port or a port list . Enter the port or list of ports for the chosen method.

Norton 360 uses an approach to matching up and down to the filter rules . This means that Norton 360 begins with the first rule in the list and tries to match inbound and outbound communications with each rule in the order of the list. If a match is found, the rule is applied to communication. Norton 360 stops search for matches if a match is found. If no match is found, the disclosure is permitted by default.

On the Rules tab of firewall program , in column Program , browse the list until you find the program you want to allow access. For example , if you can not use Yahoo ! Messenger , browse the list until you find the entry for Yahoo Messenger. The rule for Messenger will be listed as follows:
    Messenger
    C: \ Program Files \ Yahoo! \ Messenger \ YahooMessenger.exe